• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms TX200 50-Yards Trigger Control Part II

I have not pestered folks here for a bit with a video. It has been busy at work, and I have been shooting indoors. Here I move back outdoors and find I need to continue to develop my skill.

This video follows a similar format and process as previous videos. I am shooting a TX200 MKIII .177 from Air Arms at 50-yards. As in the previous video I looked at the impact of trigger control and hold on the consistency of the rile. This video follows by doing the same with 4 smaller targets. It consists of shooting 4 targets with a 0.50” center and 1.0” next ring out targets (3” overall) using 5-shot groups. The last group, the most controlled when shooting, was a 0.46” size group.

It was in the upper 70’s in temperature with little wind and partly cloudy. Any error in the shooting is solely that of the person (me). The pellets are weight sorted and head size sorted.

This confirmed my previous results that, for me, as the level of precision I desire increases the sensitivity to trigger control is amplified. It is the current element that is having the biggest effect and where I need to focus.

Dale

I always learn something new when I watch your videos.

For me it’s hard to keep the trigger to the rear turning recoil. Will be getting to the range on Wednesday to get some 50 yard practice in and I will really concentrate on the trigger finger. I don’t have an issue with any of my other rifles or pistols.

Tony P

I do better sometimes than others!

Yesterday I spent 4 plus hours out on the range in 97 degree heat. I found that my follow-thru and accuracy diminished as the time went on. I was having difficulty shoot 3" groups at the end. Tomorrow I'll try for maybe just 2 hours at the range. I always seem to shoot better when I'm alone with just the rifle, pellets, and the targets. It's still hot, so I'll stay hydrated too. Orv.

Yesterday I spent 4 plus hours out on the range in 97 degree heat. I found that my follow-thru and accuracy diminished as the time went on. I was having difficulty shoot 3" groups at the end. Tomorrow I'll try for maybe just 2 hours at the range. I always seem to shoot better when I'm alone with just the rifle, pellets, and the targets. It's still hot, so I'll stay hydrated too. Orv.

Heat is a killer. I usually try to go 2-3 hours at most as my focus, eyes or fine motor in some form start to fatigue. Sleep makes a difference for me as well. People around me are not an issue for me, nor is a camera. I have been recorded for a lot of my work history in some form so it is just SOP.

Youd think as much as i shoot it be just a natural action by now , but its not .

Another thing i find goofs a shot is holding on target too long. Kinda like my eyes start swiming and concentration wains . The point, draw a bead, pull and hold on till i hear the pellet hit before i let off my hold seems best . With a scope it is easier to check if canting or picking wind drift spot then irons.

Ya, if i had to list 3 things to still improve on is anticipation, trigger pull and follow through . I just slide in to the cock load point and shoot without adding the concentration of them 3 things ..

Reactions: drpietrzak
Youd think as much as i shoot it be just a natural action by now , but its not .

Another thing i find goofs a shot is holding on target too long. Kinda like my eyes start swiming and concentration wains . The point, draw a bead, pull and hold on till i hear the pellet hit before i let off my hold seems best . With a scope it is easier to check if canting or picking wind drift spot then irons.

Ya, if i had to list 3 things to still improve on is anticipation, trigger pull and follow through . I just slide in to the cock load point and shoot without adding the concentration of them 3 things ..

Too quick tends to be my issue.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Too quick tends to be my issue.
shesays.jpg
😂.

All jokes aside about all i know to do is just crack open another tin and keep on shooting ... maybe one day ill get it right.... one day.

Shot this and thought of this thread..

Shots 6&7 just chokeed. Funny the first right shot close to center i knew i blew it . The far right i guess i had too much "try" and blew it even worse..lol

ya know as soon as you let the pellet go you knew blew it .🤔

R9,cphp .177, gamo package scope@4x, 50y
lazyhold,r9,packsgescope@4x.jpg

Shots 9-10 i sat back a moment took another swig of coffee and kinda got back on track.🥴

Stated this many times on many threads .... FOLLOW THREW as is DON'T Blink, DON'T return trigger blade forward, DON'T relax or shift your hold on rifle / pistol or change your sight picture etc ... AS SHOT BREAKS and until such time as target is struck .. DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !!!!!

This sounds easy enough, but in practice it is for some quite difficult.

Stated this many times on many threads .... FOLLOW THREW as is DON'T Blink, DON'T return trigger blade forward, DON'T relax or shift your hold on rifle / pistol or change your sight picture etc ... AS SHOT BREAKS and until such time as target is struck .. DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !!!!!

This sounds easy enough, but in practice it is for some quite difficult.
I do still think this r9/95 they could do a better stock for hand to trigger comfort .. even with my big hand long finger its a stretch.. with that i tend to pull right . Honestly i dont guess i got a gun that the trigger feels too far foreard that i cand just get enugh " fingernail " on it to pull.. 🥴. For the guns cost youd think they enginered that better or used a real person to to check .. i got to wonder if the new style stocks hw is going with now if thats bern improved or same ol same ol . ( or just add a factory set back )

Same could be said for TX-200 stocks when precision shooting rather than field work is the task.
As such, here is a custom stock as it was getting final prepped for my TX-200 FT rifle. Vertical grip, thumb shelf and ambi.
So much easier to precision shoot with !!

thumbnail.jpg
a.jpg

Last edited:
I have not pestered folks here for a bit with a video. It has been busy at work, and I have been shooting indoors. Here I move back outdoors and find I need to continue to develop my skill.

This video follows a similar format and process as previous videos. I am shooting a TX200 MKIII .177 from Air Arms at 50-yards. As in the previous video I looked at the impact of trigger control and hold on the consistency of the rile. This video follows by doing the same with 4 smaller targets. It consists of shooting 4 targets with a 0.50” center and 1.0” next ring out targets (3” overall) using 5-shot groups. The last group, the most controlled when shooting, was a 0.46” size group.

It was in the upper 70’s in temperature with little wind and partly cloudy. Any error in the shooting is solely that of the person (me). The pellets are weight sorted and head size sorted.

This confirmed my previous results that, for me, as the level of precision I desire increases the sensitivity to trigger control is amplified. It is the current element that is having the biggest effect and where I need to focus.

Thanks for the tips!