Tuning TX200 .22

I bought the last TX 200 MIII that Straightshooters had in stock when they were going out of business, supposed to be the full power US version.. I then bought a Vortek PG4 HO kit and installed it, gun now has close to a tin of pellets thru it and its only shooting at 11.5 ftlbs with Crosman Premir HP and 10.5 ftlbs with H/N 14.66 gr.. its very consistent with a SD of only 2-3 fps but I bought this gun as a Hunter as Im not much of a plinker other then to shooting for hunting practice..
So either I got a 12ftlb gun or Vortek sold me a 12ftlb kit in a HO pkg.
Been a few months since purchase so hate to bother Tom, I don't get to mess with gun much so took some time to get that many shots thru it.
If its a 12ftlb gun not happy as I ask if it was a full power gun when purchased..not sure if they would of had 12ftlb guns in stock or not.
On the plus side it is very,very accurate and is good for squirrels out to 25-30 yds.

I bought the last TX 200 MIII that Straightshooters had in stock when they were going out of business, supposed to be the full power US version.. I then bought a Vortek PG4 HO kit and installed it, gun now has close to a tin of pellets thru it and its only shooting at 11.5 ftlbs with Crosman Premir HP and 10.5 ftlbs with H/N 14.66 gr.. its very consistent with a SD of only 2-3 fps but I bought this gun as a Hunter as Im not much of a plinker other then to shooting for hunting practice..
So either I got a 12ftlb gun or Vortek sold me a 12ftlb kit in a HO pkg.

Been a few months since purchase so hate to bother Tom, I don't get to mess with gun much so took some time to get that many shots thru it.
If its a 12ftlb gun not happy as I ask if it was a full power gun when purchased..not sure if they would of had 12ftlb guns in stock or not.
On the plus side it is very,very accurate and is good for squirrels out to 25-30 yds.
Did you install the seal too? They are designed to work together.

Will pull kit out and measure spring if I can find my digital calipers havent seen them in awhile:) I also just emailed Straightshooters to try to verify ifs a full power TX..

Well just called Tom at Vortek and he said that they've had a couple other complaints about the same thing so hes wandering if maybe they got some mislabeled kits..
Over the weekend going to take gun apart and measure piston stem to verify length for him to assure its a full power gun then he said we would go from there. Waiting to hear back from Straightshooters also.

Last edited: