• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

TX200 .177?

Mine started out with crossman 7.9, then after breakin and a quick tuneup started prefering the JSB 8.4.... Had a number of pellets with uneven skirts that were shooting erratic so I switched to the AA 8.4 pellets and getting much better results. You should plan on a simple tune to get the proper lubes inside and smooth the spring ends so it can rotate freely, check the seals and add a drop of chamber lube. Did that to mine and it shoots about 890-900 with the AA pellets, last paper target was a 3/4" group at 55 yds from a rest. The other night was a 3/4" group at 75 yds but that was an exceptional evening!!!! Before getting sold on pellet choice, do yourself a favor and do a simple tune to get everything checked out and performing well. You would be surprised how much difference smoothing the spring ends and adding some dampening compound and good lube will do!!!

Mine started out with crossman 7.9, then after breakin and a quick tuneup started prefering the JSB 8.4.... Had a number of pellets with uneven skirts that were shooting erratic so I switched to the AA 8.4 pellets and getting much better results. You should plan on a simple tune to get the proper lubes inside and smooth the spring ends so it can rotate freely, check the seals and add a drop of chamber lube. Did that to mine and it shoots about 890-900 with the AA pellets, last paper target was a 3/4" group at 55 yds from a rest. The other night was a 3/4" group at 75 yds but that was an exceptional evening!!!! Before getting sold on pellet choice, do yourself a favor and do a simple tune to get everything checked out and performing well. You would be surprised how much difference smoothing the spring ends and adding some dampening compound and good lube will do!!!

I need to take mine apart, it's shooting nothing like yours. Today while shooting the TX i got out my Diana 34 just to see if I was off that bad, the 34 shot great.

JSB 8.44 gr and 10.34 gr in 4.52 mm 👍

EA8636EB-BA58-4B0E-AA2D-EA001378B878.1632906656.jpeg

D8A036A9-6653-4C8A-A19A-D06D972B7866.1632906710.jpeg

I need to take mine apart, it's shooting nothing like yours. Today while shooting the TX i got out my Diana 34 just to see if I was off that bad, the 34 shot great.

Mine was not terrible, but not impressive either. Mine was torquey for lack of a better word, it would twist when fired. After many years of tuning springers I knew this was caused by the rough ends of the spring digging in causing a rotational torgue, which results in poor accuracy. This is something you get a feel for after shooting and working on a variety of springers. Same with piston bounce and piston slamming at the bottom of the shot cycle. You can order a kit of your choice or just take it apart for a basic tune up and should see a big improvement!!! Check the barrel crown carefully and also try loading a pellet in the breech, then push it back out with a long wood dowel so you dont damage the crown. Look at that pellet with a magnifying glass and see if therecare any nasty rough markings on it. On ocassion the breech ends of the TX's were poorly chamfered and caused distortion of the pellet, this can be easily corrected with a simple tool called a teardrop burr. It is a carbide single cut teardrop shaped cutter. If you find this issue, send me a pm and I can help you fix this. Other wise keep us posted and let us know your findings!! By the way, I use the 4.52 head size in the AA 8.4 pellets

I use to use them in my 12 fpe tunes but not in the higher power tunes. I have had the bearings fail in higher powered springers, so I would recomend passing on that. Do a good job smoothing out the spring ends, I even polish them with a cratex wheel. If you find abrasion on the trigger block or the spring does not rotate freely up in the piston than a washer can be added to help smooth things out. That spring needs to rotate freely for smooth shot cycle.

I had a little time today before I have to get ready for work so I took the TX apart and polished the spring ends and the top hat ends. It had a lot of grease in it so that was cleaned up and a small amount of moly applied to the spring, spring ends, top hat, spring guide and the piston. It's pretty windy here and off and on rain, the wind was 7-12 mph from my left to right. I shot several different pellets. In the end the AA 7.87 with a 4.52 head shot best, 5/8" outside at 25 yards. Even in calm conditions it's never shot a 5/8" group. JSB 10.34's showed promise too. Considering the conditions I have hope that what little I did helped. The shot cycle is smother for sure.

Thanks for the help guys.

My Vortek kit came yesterday, so today after work I installed it. I shot ten pellets to settle it a little then did a little chronograph testing. I shot ten shot strings with H&N FTT, H&N Baracuda Match, AA 7.87's and another round of FTT. The H&N FTT were slower than the factory spring but the ES and SD was better, the second round of FTT was almost 20fps slower than the first.

I'm going to give this rifle a fair shake to see if it's going to be a shooter. Honestly so far I'm not impressed for the $$$. Think I'll start looking for a HW 97K, I've had good luck with German rifles in the past.

18BadDart, I had the same thing happen to me with the Vortek kit. I think the piston seal might be too tight. Tomorrow I'm going to strip the gun down and check the seal fit and turn it down if it's too tight. I couldn't get 7.9 gr pellets above 740 fps. I have the HO kit which should have produced 900 fps. However, I removed 1 coil but it should still produce 800 fps.