Tx200 100 Yards day 3

I was out shooting at 100 yards again tonight with my stock Tx200 .177.

100 yards with AA 8.44 Diabolo
100 yards with AA 10.3 (4.52)
100 yards with Zan 10 gr slug.

- Zan (4 inch plate) best at 3.44". There were 2 just misses due misreading wind . 10 consecutive shots. Sighters done on another target.

- AA 10.3 (6 inch plate) second at 4.09". 5 consecutive shots. Sighters done on another target.

- AA 8.44 (4.51) on 8 inch plate at 5.93" 5 consecutive shots. Sighters on another target.

Zan 10gr is still doing the best at 100 yards. The Zan 10gr and AA 8.44 Diabolos tie at 50 yards overall. On average they are .50 to 1 inch. I was largely a 1" at 50 yards player tonight. Settled in at 100 yards.

Wind from 9 o'clock 0 to 6 mph ... mild. It was a humid 87 degrees Fahrenheit.

View attachment 20220730_191622.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-194722_Range Buddy.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-194424_Range Buddy.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-194218_Range Buddy.jpg

Nice man. Thats some decent shooting for the conditions. Wind is definitely not your friend at that range and 6mph of it definitely moves a little pellet a ton. I usually won't even try that when wind is over a few mph.

Have you tried the 4.52 or 4.53 JSBs or FTTs at all? Mine seems to be more partial to the 4.53 JSBs but I've got a bit of work done to mine.

Reactions: drpietrzak
Nice man. Thats some decent shooting for the conditions. Wind is definitely not your friend at that range and 6mph of it definitely moves a little pellet a ton. I usually won't even try that when wind is over a few mph.

Have you tried the 4.52 or 4.53 JSBs or FTTs at all? Mine seems to be more partial to the 4.53 JSBs but I've got a bit of work done to mine.

At 100 the 8.44 drift a bit quickly for me. The AA 10.3s are 4.52. The AA 8.44s 4.51. I am not sure what the JSB 10.3s are at this point.

What is a FFT?

Reactions: Sqwirl57
At 100 the 8.44 drift a bit quickly for me. The AA 10.3s are 4.52. The AA 8.44s 4.51. I am not sure what the JSB 10.3s are at this point.

What is a FFT?
H&N Field Target Trophy 8.64gr but if you didn't like the drift on the JSBs you won't like the drift of those either. Probably a pretty similar BC and you'll lose a bit of velocity. They MAY shoot more accurately though so who knows? It'll be worth the test at least. They're pretty cheap on the plus side.

Reactions: drpietrzak
I use bags on a rest with towels. I have a blue painters tape to mark exact spot where the stock sits on the rest. I move the rear bag to work out poa. A bubble level on the scope is used obsessively as well. Smal changes are not small poi effects.

I had a heavier reticle scope. I didn't like it so put on a4x target retical scope tonight. Compared to rimfire it is an unforgiving mistress.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I use bags on a rest with towels. I have a blue painters tape to mark exact spot where the stock sits on the rest. I move the rear bag to work out poa. A bubble level on the scope is used obsessively as well. Smal changes are not small poi effects.

I had a heavier reticle scope. I didn't like it so put on a4x target retical scope tonight. Compared to rimfire it is an unforgiving mistress.
Without a doubt. I brought my Savage 22lr with me today too. Same wind conditions and I managed 10 in a hair over an inch. Its a completely different ball game using an 8.44gr pellet. Sometimes you smile, sometimes you want to flip the table because you don't know what went wrong.

We're all playing with extremely small margins on a large playing field. Small tolerances can stack quickly into big problems. Your tape method and the addition to the bubble level help minimize some of those loose tolerances. Overcoming human error and literally fighting the often unpredictable ghost that is the elements is what makes it fun.

Let's be completely honest with ourselves too. We aren't playing a game we'll ever win at. We could be drilling half MOA groups all day during a hurricane but we'd still be fighting for those quarter inch groups. Its a game of neverending personal growth. I love it and I'll happily deal with the frustration that comes with it.