TX 200

I have a pro sport and just had to have a TX, My pro sport is .22 cal and the TX I just ordered is a 177 hope it shoots like the pro sport.
I ordered a bunch of different weight and size of pellets with it so we will see how it goes. Steve!
What are your thoughts on the Pro Sport.22. I’m thinking about buying one. Can’t make up my mind if I want a .22 or .117

Reactions: Ozwald
I have both, Prosport in .22, the TX200 in .177, both walnut stocked. The Prosport has lines more like a classic bolt action sporter, but honestly is much harder to cock. When I first got it it was hot, and I guess I was getting hot, sweaty and tired. Anyway, I generally grasp the cocking lever on other underlevers with my left hand, but for some reason this one seemed easier to cock using my right hand so I pulled the lever back with the right hand and somehow grasped the forearm with my left, then the lever slipped out of my right hand and slammed forward catching the tip of my left thumb, fracturing the bone, Hurt like hell, My wife made me go to the doctor a few days later and really they said just let it heal, I would loose some motion. That was about 5-6 months ago, and yes limited motion but I can still grip things fine with that hand. Now to cock it I grasp the wrist of the stock with the right hand and operate the lever with my left so if it slips nothing to get caught.

I have both, Prosport in .22, the TX200 in .177, both walnut stocked. The Prosport has lines more like a classic bolt action sporter, but honestly is much harder to cock. When I first got it it was hot, and I guess I was getting hot, sweaty and tired. Anyway, I generally grasp the cocking lever on other underlevers with my left hand, but for some reason this one seemed easier to cock using my right hand so I pulled the lever back with the right hand and somehow grasped the forearm with my left, then the lever slipped out of my right hand and slammed forward catching the tip of my left thumb, fracturing the bone, Hurt like hell, My wife made me go to the doctor a few days later and really they said just let it heal, I would loose some motion. That was about 5-6 months ago, and yes limited motion but I can still grip things fine with that hand. Now to cock it I grasp the wrist of the stock with the right hand and operate the lever with my left so if it slips nothing to get caught.
Wow I bet that hurt, I never did have a problem cocking my pro sport but I did put a piece of walnut in the end of the lever and rounded it off a little and is quite easy on the hand now. Steve!
im a .177 guy / targets, but if hunting id go .22
I use my pro sport for hunting mostly marmots and gophers on my friends ranch, if you are going to hunt with it I would go .22. Steve!

Wow I bet that hurt, I never did have a problem cocking my pro sport but I did put a piece of walnut in the end of the lever and rounded it off a little and is quite easy on the hand now. Steve!

I use my pro sport for hunting mostly marmots and gophers on my friends ranch, if you are going to hunt with it I would go .22. Steve!
I may have to try filling the forward portion of the Prosport lever, should make it more comfortable

Reactions: Ozwald
Enjoy your .17
Have my .17 apart tonight installing a Vortek kit. It was great before. Can't wait to shoot it now!

Patrick
That AEAC fella "Steve!" missed a great career in sales. I am switching from .22cal to .177 because I had my eyes opened by a HW50 I had added to my collection. I thought,since my FlashPup in 22 was so dam impressive I should look for a Bullpup in .177 (but I did'nt want to get a clone of my Flash).Blah,Blah,Blah. Going thru some of Steves old reviews. I came across the the TX200 MKIII. If I were to have an air-rifle engraved.it would be this 1