• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

TX 200 and TX 200HC barrel length

So then there should be no MV difference if same spring is used between the 2 models? Assuming all other variables are held constant.

There is a tall order ... Bore specs change this figure more than most realize. Piston seal and well how well the lock up is at breech seal also shift power around more than most realize.

just sharing ...

If they are different lengths then Air Arms themselves do not know what they are producing or at least the person that answered my email doesn't. I emailed them January 2021 and asked specifically about the TX200/HC & PS barrel lengths, their reply was;

"The technical department has advised that yes it is the same".  

That email is all I have to go by, I have not had any shrouds off to measure...

I wanted to post this with my reply above. Here is one of my TX200 “rifle” barrels. Breech to muzzle on internal barrel is 13”+

I’ve also had both PS and HC barrel assemblies apart, but can’t seem to locate my pictures. But the barrels on both of them are identical at about 9.5” from breech to muzzle of barrel only. Some of the info posted on the specs online have been incorrect.

Steve

025AD0CC-3C14-467C-87C3-C0FDD3ED6611.1620160779.jpeg

You're not reading it correctly TBH, I asked them if ALL 3 barrel lengths were the same. I clipped things down to be quick. The full question I asked was were ALL 3 barrel lengths the same (TX & HC & PS) The response was as noted above, "The technical department has advised that yes it is the same". 

An opinion from 1 person on a phone, whether he "asked the tech department" or not. How often have people seen such information be incorrect?

I wanted to post this with my reply above. Here is one of my TX200 “rifle” barrels. Breech to muzzle on internal barrel is 13”+

I’ve also had both PS and HC barrel assemblies apart, but can’t seem to locate my pictures. But the barrels on both of them are identical at about 9.5” from breech to muzzle of barrel only. Some of the info posted on the specs online have been incorrect.

Steve

025AD0CC-3C14-467C-87C3-C0FDD3ED6611.1620160779.jpeg

. Information from an actual owner who has had both barrels in question. I'd go with this before an opinion off the phone. JMO.