• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Two quick suggestions for Crosman

We have long had plans to expand the Custom Shop options but our challenge has always been getting the engineering resources to see them through. Due to our pipeline of new products and tight scheduling, it is difficult to carve out the time needed to bring these guns to the Shop. That said, the CS is a priority and we hope to be bringing new guns, annually, to the shop that offer a variety of powerplants.

Offering parts online has been an interest of mine for a while. Thing is, we are a finished goods company, not a parts company, so we aren't set up for this. 

Chip, I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be able to engage in a two-way conversation with a representative from a manufacturer. Living proof that Crosman is listening. Thank you.

"Variety of powerplants". I like the sound of that. Glad to hear the the CS is a priority at Crosman. With the average price of quality air guns escalating every year, the option of ordering just what you want from the Custom Shop could become the best solution for more and more shooters. If you offered PCP or MPP options, I would have been a CS customer by now. I like my Crosman guns, but all of them have been modded to comply with my own taste. If you look into this concept closely enough, you may even discover that limited editions would make a good place to test market new ideas, rather than commit to every last detail before the first units get into the hands of consumers. Just a thought.

In regard to your comment about not being set up to sell parts online, I feel that I need to push back a little. The fact that you sell parts at all is clear indication that you are set up to sell parts in some fashion. The phone-in ordering model hasn't been the most efficient way to deal with small orders since about the time that Al Gore invented the you-know-what. How much would it help your customer service staff and your parts customers if Crosman offered just a few of the parts that are in highest demand through a portal on your main site, rather than launch a full-blown parts fulfillment center? Seal kits... Transfer ports... Springs? My guess is that a small percentage of your parts would make up a large percentage of the orders. Besides, this would be something new on your website... And you know how we love something new!