• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Two mods to the Royale 400 that are a must!

I love the FX Royale line of rifles (400,500,Boss)

Two mods that make a good rifle even better are
1. Changing the stock side lever out for the Impact side lever
2. Adding an adjustable height cheek rest

I was just out shooting my 400. I can't imagine this rifle without them now. You don't realize what is lacking until it's been remedied.

1DFD44FF-FD34-4A66-B171-4095467D13A0.jpeg
769AC154-DDA0-4D1F-998E-0A1932547151.jpeg

So that was a bolt action 400? How did you do the mod?
It was a side lever action already but swapping the original lever for the Impact lever made a shorter throw arm and the handle is longer/lower. This brings it closer the the trigger finger and is easier to manipulate to operate it.

Nice! They are just so incredibly, accurate, reliable and ridiculously quiet when paired with a Hugget Snipe or quality moderator. Nice job.
One feature that I have really come to appreciate about my 400 is the three level power wheel/TP adjuster. I like to plink and I don't need full on power to roll a can around the yard. I like to dial it to low power and throw pellets out there. It's really quiet and just sips air for long plinking sessions. Just twist the dial and shoot, no tuning necessary. 👌🏼😎

@Gerry52 did a similar mod to his Royale and I also started a thread about it when I did mine.

Gerry's post

My original post

I'm sure these are good mods for you. The stock fit is perfect for me as is. I don't know about the side lever mod, but since I never think about mine, I figure it's working okay for me. Whether modified or not, I agree with the excellence of the Boss/Royale platform, the only FX I will ever own.
These are things that I did to my rifle to make them more personalized. They certainly didn't need to be done but by doing them it made the rifle just that much more user friendly.

I even made a set back trigger blade for the first Royale that I had. Maybe I should do that to this one 🤔🤔🤔

@Gerry52 did a similar mod to his Royale and I also started a thread about it when I did mine.

Gerry's post

My original post
I went a step further. Had a knurled aluminium one made for all 3 of mine. (Bobcat, Boss & Royale) Feels great & I love it. Luckily the cheek weld is perfect for me as is.
20230117_090309.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunnertrones
It was a side lever action already but swapping the original lever for the Impact lever made a shorter throw arm and the handle is longer/lower. This brings it closer the the trigger finger and is easier to manipulate to operate it.
Really nice job on the adjustable cheek rest.

Reactions: Greenarrow