Well, I haven't posted in a while since there haven't been any new developments airgunwise, but took advantage of the relatively warm weather to check sight-in of two of my favorite springers. The two guns were a stock FWB Sport with 9X scope, and a TX200HC with home tune and a 16X scope. As usual for me shooting was done sitting with sticks since that is a stable but practical field position. Results were as expected, both guns shooting well, but the TX edging out the FWB for group size.

The TX is shooting as well as I have been able to manage to get it to shoot after experimenting with various mods and upgrades. I am very satisfied with it at this point. The FWB seems to have potential for shooting better, but I plan to leave it in its factory configuration and enjoy it for what it is, a relatively high power and light weight gun with a very usable set of open sights.

Chuck

P1310076.1643678664.jpg

The TX has a 12 ft-lb PG-3 Vortek kit with Vortek seal lubricated with a minimal amount of Vortek orange grease on the spring and piston, and Vortek moly blend on high wear areas like the cocking slot. The trigger also has been worked on to make it capable of a consistent, crisp pull weight of just over 1 lb. The other contributors to accuracy were mounting of a top quality scope, a Bushnell Elite 4200, and switching to the AA 8.44 grain pellets. I had been using the JSB equivalents previously.

Chuck