• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Two groundhogs down yesterday!

So yesterday was a pretty good day on the groundhog front. I took this first young groundhog at 51 yards by slipping the slug right behind the shoulder and into the ticker, and that was the end of him straight away! I tried to do a shot in the back of the head on this one by estimating the movement, and I came up short and it went into the neck and needed a follow up shot off camera. The second groundhog was certainly more fidgety than the first one, and I would have been better off taking a tried and true bodyshot. This gives me 24 groundhogs kills for the year, beating last year's 23, with a whole lot of time left to go! This is truly a severe infestation!!!

@estarkey7 That first shot was a great quartering shot. When I hear that *beep beep* and see the crosshairs and circle appear, I know I’m about to see the animal get cooked in slow-mo. On the second shot you aimed where I would’ve aimed around that left ear when it turned its head. Looks like it moved at the last second. Thanks for sharing.

• Haha
Reactions: N2 Shooter