Other Two for sale near me

The local gun shop, that deals mostly in muzzleloaders and other vintage firearms, also gets in air guns occasionally. I have bought several there. Currently they have two I have handled and thought about, however I think they are a little high on the prices and will not negotiate. Both guns are in like-new condition. One is a Marksman model 55 break barrel and the other is a Benjamin multi pump, with wood stock & forearm. The price is $80 on the Marksman and $100 for the Benjamin. What do you all think?

Both sound like excellent deals to me.

The Marksman is one of those fascinating hybrid guns that happened after Weihrauch bought out the BSF factory. Very shootable, nicely collectible, and that price is basically theft for any good-quality, top-condition German springer.

My Benjy that Santa brought in 1968 still works perfectly...wot more can I say...

Just was looking at these in an old Great Lakes Airgun catalog
IMG_20240121_110757.jpg

Someone wanted to know the location of the gun shop, since I passed on the two. The shop is a father & son operation that operates on cash only. They do not take cards or checks, so no mailing or shipping. The only way to shop there would be to drive to western NC. I do not know what exactly the issues with the conditions of the guns are. The last visit to the shop I talked to the father. The son is the only one that handles the air guns and the father did not know except there are issues. Neither father or son are very interested in air guns, their interest being in antique firearms.

Reactions: Treefrog
Someone wanted to know the location of the gun shop, since I passed on the two. The shop is a father & son operation that operates on cash only. They do not take cards or checks, so no mailing or shipping. The only way to shop there would be to drive to western NC. I do not know what exactly the issues with the conditions of the guns are. The last visit to the shop I talked to the father. The son is the only one that handles the air guns and the father did not know except there are issues. Neither father or son are very interested in air guns, their interest being in antique firearms.

Are they at Finklesteins?

Cheers,

J~

The local gun shop, that deals mostly in muzzleloaders and other vintage firearms, also gets in air guns occasionally. I have bought several there. Currently they have two I have handled and thought about, however I think they are a little high on the prices and will not negotiate. Both guns are in like-new condition. One is a Marksman model 55 break barrel and the other is a Benjamin multi pump, with wood stock & forearm. The price is $80 on the Marksman and $100 for the Benjamin. What do you all think?
I would be posting pictures of them, not talking about them if it were me.
Lol