• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Two Barrels for MUTANT 22??????

OK I got some brushes and about 6 mops ordered to polish my barrels , I guess this is about the easiest wat to find a chocked barrel, I Polished my RTI 177 barrel, Not really impressed, But after 500 shots or more its really starting to shine, and yes the RTI had a little chock in it,
Just use a piece of wooden dowel and push a pellet thru each barrel. It will be VERY easy to tell.

Ok this is the barrels one is just a slight longer than the other, Set them side by side and pushed pellets through, about 2/1/2 inches from the excite or as the pellet leaves the barrel there is some drag on the pellet, But thats just the last 2/1/2 inches before the pellet leaves the barrel, Is this the choke? There were marks on the skirt but just very slight marks,, I did some work on the black barrel as the edges were very sharp, I took some metal off too.
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG

Ok this is the barrels one is just a slight longer than the other, Set them side by side and pushed pellets through, about 2/1/2 inches from the excite or as the pellet leaves the barrel there is some drag on the pellet, But thats just the last 2/1/2 inches before the pellet leaves the barrel, Is this the choke? There were marks on the skirt but just very slight marks,, I did some work on the black barrel as the edges were very sharp, I took some metal off too. View attachment 284801View attachment 284804
The black barrel looks like it’s the listone. the whole barrel is black. The other has been machined at both ends no bluing on the ends. All new CZ barrels I’ve bought are blued finish like the listone is black at the ends just like the rest of the barrel. No doubt in my mind that the black barrel is the listone.

I've seen enough authentic and counterfeit 12-groove CZ airgun barrels that I can easily distinguish between them. Just need to look with a good borescope, the lands are tall / grooves are deep on the CZs, but most importantly they should look perfect. The cheap chinese clones will have rust patches and beat up looking lands.

So just talked to my buddy Darryl one of the barrel he wash out the rifling on was a listone and it was black. I’ll check my long cz Barrel and see where the choke starts. Darryl bought his gun from Peter. Do you remember Peter Mike? Any way pixs of Darryl’s Listone and a low barrel Darryl had Peter make up. Oh and the choke on my .22 CZ barrel starts bout 2” from the muzzle. So sounds like your good on other barrel fingers crossed lol.

678EB792-B98A-49BE-9CBD-779F8807F692.png

Last edited:
Peter, Oh yes I followed him he seemed to be OK sometimes, LOL, Darrel made a video of a Mutant and that is the gun I have He went on to ED gun. I really would not mind have one of those super duper barrels made for the Mutant, I like it that much, I got a custom stock I bought for it and tried to restatin it myself, Need to resand it