• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Two Barrels for MUTANT 22??????

This is the 1st mutant in the USA, There is a video out and this is the gun, Any way it came with a
11 3/4" listone barrel? Super accurate, I bought a CZ barrel from Tony after a few years , I switched back in forth with the barrels so impressed , BUT I do not know which is which, How can you tell???? I am pretty sure the Mutant barrel will fit my Veteran just shorter, but there should be a mark somewhere, I paid 200 dollars for the CZ barrel .
Mike

I am looking at the barrel that I thought was the CZ barrel and I see no dots , I guess I need to pull the one out of the gun and see, Strange I am sure there should be some kind of mark ?
Mike
Don't need to pull barrel to see them. Both of my Taipan Mutants looked just like the ones in this post from the old TAG forum.

Tinboat
Both my Mutant barrels have no marks, I know there were a lot of barrels floating around for the Mutant, I called Tony and said I want a CZ barrel, I flinched at the 200 dollar price tag. I had a lot of other guns I was shooting, the box set for almost a year before I opened it .
All this time I thought I had a CZ barrel, That sucks.
Mike

Well crap, back to square one, How the heck am I to know what barrels I got???
Mike
Do you have a shorty? Go to the old TAG forum, Taipan section and look at the posts. Apparently there was a bunch of (mis) information and shady dealings going on when they came out. You may never find out what you have. Some "replacement" barrels were apparently obtained from different sources and they are all different. Looking at the TP and the way it fits into the breach my, or may not tell you. Good Luck.

I was right in the middle of the TAG form when all it was going down with the Mutant. My Mutant shot very well, Bought it off a guy that bought it off Brian ED gun USA.
I was iride on TAG , I got kicked off AGN because thought I was a dealer for Mutant guns. I waited until everything cooled down , And ordered a CZ barrel from Tony or so I thought. Oh well water under the bridge.
Mike