• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Two 5 shot groups at 0.73\" ctc with two different guns tonight. 100 yds

Grabbed the gear and the .30 cal Boss right at dark thirty.Put a flashlight just off to the side of the target at 100 yds. Took about 4 or 5 sighters to make sure I had my bearings straight. Shot a 50/50 w/1 X at 0.73" ctc on the very first card! Good enough for me. The Boss makes it so easy. Put it back in the case and headed to Food Lion to make sure we had supplies if the Big "D" makes it up the coast like they say?

Came back home and grabbed the .25 FX 500 and tried my luck with it. Not quite as easy to get tight groups with it, but it can be done. About a half dozen targets later I finally shot a 0.73" ctc with it. Scored 49/50 with no x's and 0.73" ctc. I did manage a 50/50 w/1X but it was 1.4" ctc.

Then I grabbed my .22 Cricket pup and couldn't get anything less than 1.5" so I gave up. The Sightrons seem to do better in dark conditions than the Mueller on the Cricket. Hope to try all three guns in the daylight one of these days.

1567318077_7532898915d6b603d95e209.50078811_boss.8.31.19a.jpg
1567318077_10371145885d6b603daf04a6.89053882_boss.8.31.19b.jpg
1567318077_11442903375d6b603dc59015.35648663_boss.8.31.19c.jpg
1567318111_9548127155d6b605f235ac5.20624351_fx500.8.31.19b.jpg
1567318111_10532610135d6b605f4ab832.84381783_fx500.8.31.19c.jpg
1567318111_12416458585d6b605f671477.73775883_fx500.8.31.19d.jpg
1567318119_20975175055d6b6067587658.37255424_fx500.8.31.19a.jpg

Note : I can only do this when it's dead calm. Throw in a little wind and my groups go to hades in a handbasket ;-)

Very nice Jimmy, that's a great way to end your day. I've been shooting long a lot lately but like you mentioned, the wind is a factor shooting at 100+ yds. and it seems like it's been blowing constantly out here this summer. I've been trying for 1/2" 5 shot group at 100 or 1" 5 shot group at 150yds and haven't been able to do it yet this summer. It's hard man, I might have set my goals to high! LOL 

Good luck with Dorian, it sounds like it's getting nasty. I hope you and yours are all okay!

Stoti

Wow! Those are excellent groups. Imagine how it will be when your in no hurry at all. You will be covering your groups with a dime soon! I know just what you mean about the wind though...I’ve had a lot of awesome groups go bad on the last shot. I haven’t figured out wind very well at all, but it’s still fun to see how good you can do using doping. Excellent shooting.

Nice buddy!! Glad you found a keeper, and great work by the shooter as well. That is the kind of consistency I’m looking for in my next rifle. I have been very picky this time around, and I’m still trying to choose. A few have come up that I’ve considered, but I haven’t been able to jump on them yet. After shooting my 22lr again, it has made me much pickier in my choices this time around. 

Hope Dorian stays away from you over there. Stay safe.

Thank ya Mr. Massey. You'll have that new BullBoss at the 100 mark before long I'm sure of it.

Thanks Stoti, Good luck with those 0.5" inch groups. That's like the holy grail right there. Yup, lookin' like Dorian is gonna ride the coastline like Matthew did a few years back. Can only hope it loses strength fast.

Thanks Dave, I go through some paper with only 5 shots on the NUAH targets. So when I blow a good group I usually shoot another 5 rounds trying to get settled in before putting up a fresh target. What I hate is blowing it clean out of the nine ring on the first shot. It's hard enough just to get 5 shots inside that 2 inch ten ring without touching the line. Getting 4 inside the 1 inch X ring is the best I've ever done and haven't been able to replicate it.

They've had one perfect score over at GTA's NUAH challenge over the years. 50/50 5X 0.651"CTC Shot by Mr. Bret Peterson with his .22 cal FX Streamline. Getting all five of his shots inside the 1 inch X ring without touching the line.

Thanks for the well wishes Jerry. We still have folks in this area that are misplaced from the last hurricane. I'll take my airguns and valuables over to my dad's like I did last time, since his place can withstand the winds better. But his place flooded last time with only a couple inches deep on the concrete slab? This every year thing is getting old. I need a concrete bunker built into a hill at least 100 ft above sea level! LOL

As for the Boss, I know why they named it the Boss. Cause it's the Boss at hundred yards. LOL

Hey Jimmy, where are you exactly in Florida? I was just looking on line and didn't realize that Dorian had blown up into a cat 5 hurricane. Get out and stay safe! I feel for all you guys out there! I lived on a small island in the Caribbean when Andrew blew through in 1992. There was no where for us to go. Scary, scary stuff! Good luck man, we're thinking about you! Stoti

Hey Jimmy, where are you exactly in Florida? I was just looking on line and didn't realize that Dorian had blown up into a cat 5 hurricane. Get out and stay safe! I feel for all you guys out there! Good luck, we're thinking about you! Stoti

Stoti, I live in Burgaw near Wilmington NC. We got hit pretty bad with Matthew in 2016 when it traveled up the whole eastern coastline from Florida to NC and it looks like Dorian is taking the same path? We still have folks that are displaced from last year's Florence due to flooding from the Northeast Cape Fear river and the Black river. I definitely worry for the folks in Florida. They usually get the worst of it. It just covers a large area when it rides up the coastline like that.

Great shooting Jim. That Boss you have there is a shooter. The Boss's are know for that but I think you hit the lottery on that one. Seems like your consistently getting exceptional groups with it. What your set up? Hmm, I'm trying to think what I might have to trade with ya.... You got me fired up now, gotta go grab my Crown in 30 and see if I can hang with ya, haha. Kinda doubt it though..

Jimmy

Great shooting Jim. That Boss you have there is a shooter. The Boss's are know for that but I think you hit the lottery on that one. Seems like your consistently getting exceptional groups with it. What your set up? Hmm, I'm trying to think what I might have to trade with ya.... You got me fired up now, gotta go grab my Crown in 30 and see if I can hang with ya, haha. Kinda doubt it though..

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy, yes sir I think I hit the lottery with this one. I've got one of my Sightron SIII 10-50x60 sitting on top of her. Using 30 power with scope zeroed at 100 yds. Everything just seems to have come together on this set up. I really don't use it for anything else. It's too powerful for shooting inside 50 yds like I normally do. Most of my other guns do well inside 50 even if they can't hang with the Boss at 100.

Grab that Crown .30 and let her rip. I do want to see what others are doing at 100 with little to no wind!

Fuss

Jimmy

You might have to fight some of for that trade possibility!! LOL I’ll take the cash truck to his house.