Twentyfive at Twentyfive

So this morning my wife alerts me to another cottontail rabbit munching on her new growth flowers. Sure enough there it is eating away. I retrieve the HW80 .22, with open factory sights. This was an easy offhand 25 yard shot. The little ball on the front post settles over the eyeball. Pop, does a back flip and lands motionless. Wife witnesses and comments on a nice clean kill. Impact is 1/2 of eye gone.

This leads me to set up a wood block on the fence at same distance. Used first hole as an aim point for the next 24 standing offhand shots. Who needs a scope? Had a couple of oops shots. 

1594400872_6241885035f08a068cdf5a7.39324509.JPG

Amazing! Your eyes are much better than mine Bob ! How in the world could you even see the first hole at 25 yards. I'd have a hard time seeing your finished 25 shot hole at that range with open sights. Did you cook up that cottontail ? When I'd deer hunt in Rio Blanc county Colorado we would pop a few of them for a dinner meal. Quite delicious! 

Feat repeated 30 minutes ago. GoldenStateAG, as mentioned in another thread, my 67 year old eyes are still working like new. I do not need any corrective eye ware. I can easily see the first hole and just cover it with the little ball on the front post. Shots 2-3-4-5 holes make the impact area even easier to see. All of a sudden you have a gaping dark hole for an aim point. I will have to correct my muzzle distance from 75 feet to 70 feet. Fence to fence measurement is 75 feet. As stated here before I hold an NRA Master class ranking in .22 rimfire metallic silhouette.

One of the red foxes took the rabbit away that night. We get private land late season cow tags every other year. Wife and I have a pickup camper we park on the "south 40" of a friends ranch. Got my 2020 tag in the mail last week.

1594585607_20861207395f0b72070678a3.79381843.JPG