TUXING vs TOAUTO vs GX PUMP CS3-I

What are your thoughts/opinions on the following all-in-one(built in transformer) pumps? Would you choose one brand over another? Has anyone used the extended warranty on Amazon?

I like the digital display on the TXET063 and that Tuxing seems to have a bunch of maintenance/repair videos. The only review on that model is one that says it stopped working after 3rd use (4 months old):
https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...urrent_format&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

TUXING
TXET063 $359:
Protection Plan available
https://www.amazon.com/TUXING-Compr...t-pressure/dp/B09JBLDV9V?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

TXET062-2 $329:
https://www.amazon.com/TUXING-Compr...t-pressure/dp/B083K2TSSC?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

TOAUTO $339.99:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097D55CP...olid=3B32M3LW5FTC7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

GX PUMP CS3-I $529.99:
https://www.amazon.com/GX-Compresso...ssors&qid=1656305936&sprefix=,aps,494&sr=8-14

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I have been watching Target Forge's exploration of the GX CS2. He is now doing air quality testing on the Yong Heng and GX. From the first video the "gold" filter everyone has recommended in the past seems to remove water well. The cotton filters in the GX not so well.

He says he is going to solve this issue on the GX and I'm looking forward to how he does this

Here is a link to the video:

Reactions: metabike65
I have been watching Target Forge's exploration of the GX CS2. He is now doing air quality testing on the Yong Heng and GX. From the first video the "gold" filter everyone has recommended in the past seems to remove water well. The cotton filters in the GX not so well.

He says he is going to solve this issue on the GX and I'm looking forward to how he does this

Here is a link to the video:

My concern with the GX CS 2 is parts availability. I have the Xisico CS3 compressor (the first version without a sight glass). It still builds pressure but I have some oil or grease leaking out the bottom. I was also hoping that Travis would have made his second maintenance/rebuild video that he mentioned in the very first walkthrough video. The Xisico CS3 compressor has be great this last 2 years with no issues except for recently. At this point I’m going to change the oil and keep running it until I replace. Once I have a replacement the Xisico CS3 will be a backup.

I am watching this thread and similar discussions with interest. I still hand pump but I'm considering some sort of compressor and afraid to buy something cheap and be disappointed. It seems the general idea is to limit the runtime/temperature and never start them under load. These two conditions seem to already be included in the usual instructions but I submit that relieving the pressure via the bleed valve, effectively unloading it, before stopping the compressor should also be standard practice. Of course this means you have to be right at the controls to bleed it at the moment of reaching the proper pressure before stopping the compressor.

Many of these compressors have an automatic shut off which stops the compressor while it is still under load. Seems to me like it should have an automatic bleed valve that triggers first, followed by a few seconds and then motor shut down. Maybe even running it longer than a few seconds to freely pump Air through it to cool itself before shutting down. We used to put auto bleed valves on our vacuum pumps at work to prevent them starting and stopping on a closed manifold containing high vacuum.

Just some thoughts on how I would use one if I got it. Compressors with a lower rpm that can run off 12 VDC from a car or power supply at home appeal to me, directly filling the gun with a short run time, and plenty of cool down time between fills.

I have the Tuxing TXET63 i got on aliexpress for $341. First owned compressor and had it now for about 3 months. I have only filled it to a maximum of 3600psi (248bar) on a Aspen, Avenger and Sumatra. I have an aea element max moded to almost 900cc coming in 2 weeks. I can then test it to 4360psi (300bar) and provide an update on performance for higher preasures.

So far the pump works perfectly to 3600. I live in a hot tropical climate and the unit has never gone above 45 degrees Celsius running about 10-12 minutes. The fan is quite loud for its size (very powerful for cooling) and I would say the compressor noise level is average for portable oilless compressor (tolerable in a smaller room). I also like the digital control/display as it allows for more customization of parameters like temprature cut off and load cut off, as well as accurate readout of set/actual pressure. I have seen replacement controller/screen on aliexpress for about $35 (same price as a good gauge). I may order one spare as I see that being a part that may fail in the future.

Maintenence is simple so far, with simply adding a couple of drops of pure sillicone oil (treadmill oil) in a hole on the side every 5 hours of usage (a usage timer would have been a nice feature to add to the control unit). The unit has a built in moisture trap filter after the compressor with a moisture purge valve on the bottom. I ewuld be intersted to explore the possibility of modding it to externally accomodate the larger double cylinder filters from tuxing. The overall build quality of the internal components looks and feels very decent, although im no expert. Contrary to many previous complaints online abiut the mains wiring connectios to the power supply units on older tuxing compressors (internal and external power supplies) being flimsy, not safe or dangerous, the wiring on mine has insulated ring terminals and is properly screwed onto the input connector lugs (checked tightness because of all the bad comments read online). I guess Tuxing has stepped up its game and quality control.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I will update back on its ability with high preasure big bore usage (if at all possible) once my Element Max arrives.

I have the Tuxing TXET63 i got on aliexpress for $341. First owned compressor and had it now for about 3 months. I have only filled it to a maximum of 3600psi (248bar) on a Aspen, Avenger and Sumatra. I have an aea element max moded to almost 900cc coming in 2 weeks. I can then test it to 4360psi (300bar) and provide an update on performance for higher preasures.

So far the pump works perfectly to 3600. I live in a hot tropical climate and the unit has never gone above 45 degrees Celsius running about 10-12 minutes. The fan is quite loud for its size (very powerful for cooling) and I would say the compressor noise level is average for portable oilless compressor (tolerable in a smaller room). I also like the digital control/display as it allows for more customization of parameters like temprature cut off and load cut off, as well as accurate readout of set/actual pressure. I have seen replacement controller/screen on aliexpress for about $35 (same price as a good gauge). I may order one spare as I see that being a part that may fail in the future.

Maintenence is simple so far, with simply adding a couple of drops of pure sillicone oil (treadmill oil) in a hole on the side every 5 hours of usage (a usage timer would have been a nice feature to add to the control unit). The unit has a built in moisture trap filter after the compressor with a moisture purge valve on the bottom. I ewuld be intersted to explore the possibility of modding it to externally accomodate the larger double cylinder filters from tuxing. The overall build quality of the internal components looks and feels very decent, although im no expert. Contrary to many previous complaints online abiut the mains wiring connectios to the power supply units on older tuxing compressors (internal and external power supplies) being flimsy, not safe or dangerous, the wiring on mine has insulated ring terminals and is properly screwed onto the input connector lugs (checked tightness because of all the bad comments read online). I guess Tuxing has stepped up its game and quality control.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I will update back on its ability with high preasure big bore usage (if at all possible) once my Element Max arrives.
Cegd, thanks for the detailed write up. I am curious on the longevity of the Tuxing. From the older reviews they seem to fail after 1 or 2 years; hopefully that has changed with the newer versions. I really do like the layout and the digital display.

and the winner is: The Orcair Thunder hands down. Link --> https://amzn.to/47niyQZ

I also enjoy my ToAuto A3 and have absolutely pounded on it for several years. Yes, I have burned out 2 power supplies (which ToAuto replaced) and I have taken it apart for maintenance like 3 times but it keeps on rocking to 4500psi all day every day. Link to that one --> https://amzn.to/3WZORAX

I have reviews on my channel for at least 5 or so different compressors. Those two are the tops. The Orcair Thunder can fill bigger tanks and I have even topped off my 6.8L with it plenty of times.

Hope this helps!!