Tuxing or some other ~$1K PCP air compressor like the Omega?

TUXING 4500PSI 300Bar PCP Air Compressor on Aliexpress Auto-purge (yea or nay)? Better model in their store?

Regarding performance, durability, and ease of use, am I better off spending a few hundred more to get an Omega from AoA, or, is this Tuxing just as good or better for less?

I live in East Texas so, water removal is very important to me! Humidity is routinely in the upper 90% range and rarely is it very low. In fact, very heavy dew has been an issue each morning the weather started exceeding freezing overnight lows. I don't have any large "bottle" PCP air rifles but, I expect to pick up a small bottle to travel with.

TIA, Sid

@SidPost May want to contact @bthurman at Veradium with Tuxing questions. He operates out of Neederland, TX and at one point he was slated to be a U.S. representative for Tuxing. Not sure if that has occurred, but it’s worth asking to get the skinny on that Tuxing. Also search the threads a bit. Decent amount of info in Tuxings and Omegas on the forums. 

Here’s a link to his Tuxing review https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/tuxing-4500psi-pcp-air-compressor/

another member’s review https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/tuxing-4500psi-pcp-air-compressor/page/2/

I own a Tuxing twin cylinder compressor ordered direct from Tuxing. With few exceptions all pcp compressors are made by a few different manufactures in China. They brand name their compressors for companies like Air Venturi, Benjamin, etc, etc. There are pros and cons, but if your expecting quality and perfection you will be disappointed. If you understand that maintenance and repair and corrections will be needed then you will find exceptional value from the imported units.

I would suggest you call Bryan Thurman to discuss Tuxing and others to get a feel for what your getting into.

Good luck with your decision. Tom Makouske

The Yong Heng for $300 will fill as fast or faster and last as long as any of the $1000 compressors. Actually they will last longer than most in that price range. 

With a coupe of simple mods the Yong Heng can be run for 20 or 30 minutes straight. Maybe even longer but I haven't had the need.

Some of the less expensive Tuxing compressors, that are water cooled and have oil in the crankcase, are near as good from what I have taken in over the years.

Yong Heng info

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-dedicated-yong-heng-subforum/#post-1127767

Nothing wrong with the Tuxing or Omega units they just cost 3 or 4 times as much and don't give you anything for the extra $ except for possibly less noise.

Just remember you are buying a Chinese compressor QC can be a problem with any of them.

I have the dual cylinder Tuxing and it's been great.

Bought it on Amazon because I wanted a 4 year warranty.

DITTO! I bought the TXEDT032 (water & fan cooling included w/ dual moisture filters, etc.) back at the very tail end of 2021 and have about 4.5 hours on it now, filling (2) 75 cu ft. SCBA tanks.

Mostly from 2900 - 4400+/- PSI (about 15 minutes each time) and two complete 0 - 4400 +/- PSI fills (about 45 minutes each time). I'll always rest the unit after 15 minutes for 15 minutes, before completing fills. I'm babying this mother! I have been quite happy with it's performance so far. (Fingers crossed)

;-)

I've had my Tuxing TXEDT032 for about 16 months and it has been running really good. I had a small water leak when I got it on the water tank, but pretty worry free since then. I do use the Seco 500 synthetic oil in it. Between the wife and I we have two 1 hour tanks, two 30 minute tanks, and one 45 minute tank I keeped filled so we can shoot as much as we want to. I think the last time I looked we have over 25 hours on the meter I attached to the unit.

You will need to be able to do maintenance on these units from time to time, but they are easy to work on.

Tony P.

I've had my Tuxing TXEDT032 for about 16 months and it has been running really good. I had a small water leak when I got it on the water tank, but pretty worry free since then. I do use the Seco 500 synthetic oil in it. Between the wife and I we have two 1 hour tanks, two 30 minute tanks, and one 45 minute tank I keeped filled so we can shoot as much as we want to. I think the last time I looked we have over 25 hours on the meter I attached to the unit.

You will need to be able to do maintenance on these units from time to time, but they are easy to work on.

Tony P.

I just hit 5.75 total life hours on my TUXING unit an hour ago, after completing a top-off of both my 75 cu ft. SCBA tanks (3000 - 4300 +/- PSI each ) and my AEA HP Carbine w/ 480cc tank (150 BAR to 230 BAR). This was in 80F degree temps outside with the cooling monitor on the unit never getting above 87F.

At that point, I let it cool for 20 minutes then I changed the oil for the 1st time (it's second fresh tank of ROYAL PURPLE). So far so good. I feel like this was a smart investment with as much as I shoot (probably 200 +/- rounds a week and between 3 rifles). My first SPRITECH shoe-box compressor failed after less then 4 hours use... I never looked back.

first photo is from the front and the high pressure cylinder is on the right....The next photo shows a black wire that goes into the high pressure cylinder this is the temp probe. Mine was hanging outside the hole. It just sits inside nothing to hold it in.

Tony P.

IMG_6252.1651501259.jpg
IMG_6251.1651501269.jpg

first photo is from the front and the high pressure cylinder is on the right....The next photo shows a black wire that goes into the high pressure cylinder this is the temp probe. Mine was hanging outside the hole. It just sits inside nothing to hold it in.

Tony P.

IMG_6252.1651501259.jpg
IMG_6251.1651501269.jpg

MAN! Thanks again Tony. You were right, it was hanging outside of it. Placed it back in there. Now I know!

PREESH!!

I have a yong heng and it is nice for filling bottle guns, but the absolute best purchase I made was an Altaros booster. Set it up and let it run while you do other things. I have a couple of the 90 ci bottles and the 88 CF bottle that it handles so well. Can take one small bottle out back and shoot while the other fills. Mine is setup to fill slower than most might, but who cares when you don't have to babysit it.

Aliexpress Tuxing link

I asked a couple of questions using messaging but, the response I got was apparently lost in translation.

• How does the AutoPurge work and what does it do on this compressor?
  • Do I need to add any filtration? It looks like the longer water/oil trap is included along with the input air filtration 'beads"
  • Do I need to order any additional supplies to maintain the filtration systems?
  • I assume the AutoPurge version includes the pressure cutoff.

Aliexpress Tuxing link

I asked a couple of questions using messaging but, the response I got was apparently lost in translation.

• How does the AutoPurge work and what does it do on this compressor?
  • Do I need to add any filtration? It looks like the longer water/oil trap is included along with the input air filtration 'beads"
  • Do I need to order any additional supplies to maintain the filtration systems?
  • I assume the AutoPurge version includes the pressure cutoff.

As to the filters and "beads", it is part of the moisture capture system. You will eventually need to replace the filtration and/or beads. I can not speak to the Auto purge feature and it's pressure cutoff mechanism.

J