• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuxing Oil/Water Separator Cotton Roll Filters

I have the same oil/water separator attached to my Yong Heng compressor. I do direct fills to my PCP's so I don't run my compressor for more than 2 minutes at a time, which is usually enough to fill or top up any PCP I own. I'm not sure of your situation, but I periodically check both the Yong Heng filter as well as the Tuxing filter. I have only replaced the Yong Heng filter once after about 15 minutes of run time for the compressor due to noting just a little oil on one side of the filter, but no water or oil on the end furthest away from the compressor. I have checked my Tuxing filters about every 10 minutes of run time and have yet to see any oil or water deposits.
My guess is that the longer you run the compressor, the more moisture develops within the compressor and ultimately ends up going to the filters. I have yet to see any water or feel any significant moisture when I bleed the system before turning off the power to the compressor.

As far as re-using them, I tried cleaning the Yong Heng filter with soap/water and it just lost its shape and density in the center so I just replaced it with an extra one they provided and bought a 100 pack of filters from ebay to have as spares for the future. I'd say replace your filters once they show signs of wear/oil/water. Best case is you just air dry them and re-insert them once dry. Hope this helps.

"explosive"Thank you for your input. I received an answer from Tuxing saying that they recommend replacing the separator filters after 5 hours of run time.
And I believe a replacement filter costs $25 a piece.
The filters can be had on Aliexpress for about $6 USD each. I just received a pack of 3 ( 6 parts ) for $18 USD. A pack of five is $30 including shipping.

There is no set time to replace the Tuxing or Xin Yong Shi gold filter tampons. Five hours is more than likely too short a time to need to replace the filter material. I've read on the seller websites that the tampons can be dried out and reused. The replacement interval is determined by which compressor being used. For instance, the smaller $300 single cylinder compressors have an undersized water separator so the filter does most of the moisture removal. The tampons get saturated much faster than using them with a higher cost compressor that has a larger dedicated water separator.