• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuxing Official Store - Very Disappointing Experience

Back to the subject. I bought a Coltri from AOA. Had difficulties, so they took it back and sent the corrected compressor. It says Daystate but looking around the unit it has Coltri parts. That is a company who has made diving compressors for some time. It has worked for four or five years now. Son and I both fill multiple PCP guns. I still use the Hill hand pump for smaller handguns to top off though. Be Well, B.

Thanks for advise.
Last month I just replaced (serviced the oring) the DIN valve on one 14L tank, it toke me about 4-5 hours with YH to fill it up from zero again, including all the cool down steps. But from 200 to 300 bars refill takes much less maybe about an hour and half.
I haven’t put a stopwatch on it yet but I think topping off my 9L from 200 to 300 takes about 20 minutes with the GX CS4. Maybe 25 minutes. It’s so quiet I don’t pay much attention to it while it’s operating. It stops when it’s done.

I had a similar problem with my compressor. The motor cover was bent. Contacted Amazon They said to return it. Tuxing asked me not to return it. They would send out replacement parts. The air compressor has been working for about seven months now and has been great. Here is a picture where you can see the motor cover is bent I took it off, straightened it out and used it till the new part came in. It is not the delivery people where the problem is. It is the way Tuxing box the thing. Two tie straps to hold this heavy air compressor in the box not good, I would have to say if you order one, you are going to expect some kind of damage to it

IMG_7599.jpeg

Mine had a bent frame - but my major issue became the total lack of cooperation and downright lying from Tuxing Official Store. Actually, Tuxing Official Store is just a fulfillment warehouse. It has no Tuxing employees. All it does is ship items to buyers. Federal Express told me they had settled the damage claim - in full. They even gave me the amount of the check and the check number. It was made out to the freight forwarder hired by Tuxing. Tuxing claimed the freight forwarder would only repay them $1.00. After all was said and done I gave them a one star rating and they then tried to bully me into changing the rating.

Just one minute ago I placed an order for a brand new Air Venturi Krypton 4500 psi compressor, oil, more filters, etc...after "doing my homework" which means that after spending about a hundred hours reading reviews on everything else available, I chose to go with this one. And in my 10 years of experience with Pyramyd Air I can attest to the fact that their customer service is fantastic! The few times I ever had a problem with a gun they solved it right quick...as a matter of fact, I can still remember Boris from their service department spending two hours on the phone with me to teach me how to disassemble my Sumatra .25 to clear a jam from double loading it! It was that experience that gave me the "no more fear" attitude towards fixing and tuning air rifles for myself and many, many others over the years. Pyramyd Air stands behind what they sell...nuff said!
All the best, Chuck Peffley

I have a YH with about 65 hrs on it, rebuilt it 3-4 times so far. I was considering the Tuxing, but know very well what the warranty means if I have to deal with a Asian company completely diagonally on other side of a Globe... I replaced 3 of my 3d printers and know the drill.
Now from here, as some suggest to buy a $3-5 K compressor, that is mad crazy... for that money better get couple large tanks and a lifetime refill in a scuba shop and keep one or two tanks always full ready to go. And a $3-5K price tag is unfortunately not a proof neither these compressors would last much longer. Also some of us know that the expense will not stop @ $3-5K....So pretty much a gambling as always
I can tell by the first and last section of your post you’ve never owned a $3-5k unit. Utter BS! Bauer, Coltri, Alkin aren’t going to fail anytime soon unless there is some sort of user error. If they did, their customer service and support is exceptional. Don't waste money on daystate or omega; those are a gamble at a lower price point, yet still expensive @ $1-2k, and when it comes to daystate, their units are just inferior rebranded units with less features to make them more “affordable”.

Reactions: MikeAllen
I can tell by the first and last section of your post you’ve never owned a $3-5k unit. Utter BS! ....
You will realize very soon that your $3-5K worth not more then a "utter BS" if there is no Dealer in your 1000 Kilometer radius.
Not everyone lives in a "Land of Promise" ya know?
Before I purchased my first YH , a diving shop put a yellow sticker on my smaller tank with a "yearly membership" on it and that costed me $50 for a year. Ok, now my tanks are way larger I would guess maybe $150 a year ??? Next time I pass by I will ask them. But in my case my fireman tanks stickers are outdated. This was a reason I bought a compressor at the first place.

I can tell by the first and last section of your post you’ve never owned a $3-5k unit. Utter BS! Bauer, Coltri, Alkin aren’t going to fail anytime soon unless there is some sort of user error. If they did, their customer service and support is exceptional. Don't waste money on daystate or omega; those are a gamble at a lower price point, yet still expensive @ $1-2k, and when it comes to daystate, their units are just inferior rebranded units with less features to make them more “affordable”.
and when it comes to daystate, their units are just inferior rebranded units - what do you mean by that????

Ok, years ago I was looking to make the plunge and get a compressor. I looked at AoA, because at that time they had a selection of compressors in a not cheap, but not $3k expensive variety. I nearly bought the daystate, seemed like a great deal, until I did some research. To be fair, maybe daystate doesn’t do this anymore, but at the time they had a Coltri MCH-3 that was rebranded daystate. They had removed a filter tower and had a 110v motor installed, which to someone ignorant of how these things worked (me at the time), the 110 option sounded fantastic! So here’s the issue. I just looked and AoA still has the same daystate, it is $2,600USD. The coltri mch-6 I purchased, WITH the desiccation tower and a 220v motor cost me $3000USD shipped from California. Even a YH owner has a desiccation tower they bought aftermarket! The 110v is also much less efficient, strains NA household circuits because it draws too many amps (it was designed for marine applications, eg boats) and is slower filling, and not designed to fill to pressures beyond 3k. That, in my opinion, is an air rifle name brand that people in our hobby know and trust taking advantage of an uninformed customer and selling an inferior product at a marked up price. Oh, and I live on East Coast, so even with shipping I got a better unit from Nuvair for about $300 more, which you are going to pay AoA anyway most likely in shipping fees. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask! I’m on over 300 hours, only ever change oil and filters, and it fills my guns in less than 2 mins and a SCBA in less than 8 mins from 3k to 4.5k. If I ever have a problem I call Nuvair and they will fix it, but I highly doubt I will have any issues in my lifetime.

p.s. The $3kUSD included enough oil, intake, and desiccant filters for at least 10 years of use.

Last edited:
You will realize very soon that your $3-5K worth not more then a "utter BS" if there is no Dealer in your 1000 Kilometer radius.
Not everyone lives in a "Land of Promise" ya know?
Before I purchased my first YH , a diving shop put a yellow sticker on my smaller tank with a "yearly membership" on it and that costed me $50 for a year. Ok, now my tanks are way larger I would guess maybe $150 a year ??? Next time I pass by I will ask them. But in my case my fireman tanks stickers are outdated. This was a reason I bought a compressor at the first place.
Alkin company is located in Clifton, NJ, USA. Google says that is 493 US miles to Aurora, ON, CA which is 793.407km. You will never rebuild an Alkin, you won’t have to drive to a dive shop, pay the dive shop, or worry about hydro test expiration. ask anyone who owns an Alkin what their customer service and reliability is like. Buy once, cry once. I went with a Coltri from Nuvair which is on the other side of the continent, and have no worries that they would not send parts or service the unit if it would ever need it; it won’t, and neither would an Alkin or Bauer.
just to be clear, I bought a YH and it was trash. I jumped through all the hoops and spent roughly $700USD on unit cost, shipping, rebuilds, accessaries, ect. in less than 20 hrs or run time. I had the icewater with the bigger pump, the poorly designed “orange” desiccation tower, the extra fans I rigged to try and cool it. It still failed twice. The third time I bought a Coltri and gave away the YH to a member here that was local to me for parts or rebuild. Not a single problem since.

Last edited:
Wow I am so glad I stumbled onto these Tuxing reviews...I am now ready to purchase my own air compressor and was looking at Tuxing compressors on Amazon, but after reading about all the problems and bad customer service I am definitely NOT going to buy anything from Tuxing!
Firstly, if you buy through AMAZON then go through Amazon, here is the reasoning , Tuxing HATES it when you file a complaint/return with Amazon, they'll bend over backwards to make it right. I had the electroinc module go south on me almost immediately, I contacted Amazon, Tuxing jumped right in and after some back and forth...English to Chinese...I got my new module, a high pressure piston, didn't ask for it, and some other parts. Been running for over a year now using SECO lube.

I had a similar problem with my compressor. The motor cover was bent. Contacted Amazon They said to return it. Tuxing asked me not to return it. They would send out replacement parts. The air compressor has been working for about seven months now and has been great. Here is a picture where you can see the motor cover is bent I took it off, straightened it out and used it till the new part came in. It is not the delivery people where the problem is. It is the way Tuxing box the thing. Two tie straps to hold this heavy air compressor in the box not good, I would have to say if you order one, you are going to expect some kind of damage to it

View attachment 422604
WOW, my Tuxing came packaged like it could be dropped from a plane with no parachute and survive. I still have the box.

Firstly, if you buy through AMAZON then go through Amazon, here is the reasoning , Tuxing HATES it when you file a complaint/return with Amazon, they'll bend over backwards to make it right. I had the electroinc module go south on me almost immediately, I contacted Amazon, Tuxing jumped right in and after some back and forth...English to Chinese...I got my new module, a high pressure piston, didn't ask for it, and some other parts. Been running for over a year now using SECO lube.
I originally went through Amazon within the return period. The Amazon links provided a return label but it was not a prepaid return label. I contacted Amazon and they said it should be prepaid and for me to contact the seller. That kicked off the whole thing with Tuxing refusing to replace or credit the compressor. Amazon finance me a credit for the compressor and I paid return shipping which Amazon eventually gave me credit for. When Tuxing’s agent received the compressor he claimed it was leaking oil and not properly packaged. I had completely drained the oil and used their original packaging. Tuxing Official Store is dishonest and unscrupulous.