Tuxing filter. Which one for yong heng?

I use the one that just has the coalescing media. The output of my compressor has the cotton for trapping oil and other particulates. Get more O-Rings as the green ones they come with don't last all that long.

Smitty
Thankyou. Does this media do a good job at removing moisture. That’s my main concern. I know the cotton thingies will catch the majority of the oil.

water separator.JPG

This is the one you want:

I have one and it catches EVERYTHING! I had an issue with one (hose kinked) I opened an eBay ticket and was sent an entire replacement. So I connected them both in series before taking the first offline. The second water trap didn’t collect a single drop, the first did the job.

I have two other filters downstream and they are both bone dry as well. After months of use the filter material in them looks brand new. I imagine I could change the carbon in the last filter of my three filters however, I believe it would only be adsorbing odor at this point. The first water trap catches it all. Well worth the $ imho.

1809B4EB-C71D-482B-A164-E3092E72F8A6.png

UK,
Here's my fill station set-up for a humid Florida garage. The $125 copper-colored coalescing filter is great for removing moisture but might not be needed in a lower humidity environment. The $60 gold filter came with two (3-media filled) plastic cartridges. The black filter (cotton-filled) came with my Yong Heng and I check frequently for moisture. After a year of use, no moisture detected in the black, gold or blue (cotton) filters. Biohazardman once said if your gold filter has evidence of frequent moisture, you need to upgrade your moisture-removal program. I can't say which media is best for the gold filter since mine is still like brand new after a year of use. Hope this helps, WM
IMG_20220322_203924.jpg

UK,
Here's my fill station set-up for a humid Florida garage. The $125 copper-colored coalescing filter is great for removing moisture but might not be needed in a lower humidity environment. The $60 gold filter came with two (3-media filled) plastic cartridges. The black filter (cotton-filled) came with my Yong Heng and I check frequently for moisture. After a year of use, no moisture detected in the black, gold or blue (cotton) filters. Biohazardman once said if your gold filter has evidence of frequent moisture, you need to upgrade your moisture-removal program. I can't say which media is best for the gold filter since mine is still like brand new after a year of use. Hope this helps, WM View attachment 282994
That’s incredibly helpful, thanks. So really with the copper colored filter, and a tuxino gold, I really shouldn’t need to worry about the quality of my air ever!
thanks again!

I bought one of the gold big ones but I haven't installed it. I use a black smaller one with it's plastic cartridge filled with color changing dessicant beads. I check them regularly but the white cotton filter the YH came with seems to get almost all the water. The beads in most of the cartridge are still orange, only the ones nearest the air inlet have turned black. I change the white cotton filter after each fill of my 45 minute SCBA tank. I can normally squeeze a drop or two of water out of it. I vent my YH about every 5 minutes of run time, moisture obviously comes out. I have my filters vertical above the pump so water drains back towards the YH. I think that and the venting help my separators not have to deal with all the moisture.

I got a big bag of the white cotton filters from allibaba pretty inexpensively. I think you could let the dry and reuse them but I haven't yet.

I or
This is the one you want:

I have one and it catches EVERYTHING! I had an issue with one (hose kinked) I opened an eBay ticket and was sent an entire replacement. So I connected them both in series before taking the first offline. The second water trap didn’t collect a single drop, the first did the job.

I have two other filters downstream and they are both bone dry as well. After months of use the filter material in them looks brand new. I imagine I could change the carbon in the last filter of my three filters however, I believe it would only be adsorbing odor at this point. The first water trap catches it all. Well worth the $ imho.

View attachment 282917
I ordered this filter today. After filling my tanks with the yong heng the other day in my garage, and finding an impressively large amount of moisture in them after the fill, I decided to stop dilly dallying and get one. Fingers crossed it works, cause I’m going to have to empty all 6 of my tanks now and dry them out.
The ole yong heng is in for a helluva workout soon!!!