• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuxing dual filter..

JV,
Checking cut-away diagram of first tube, just a cotton-filled canister, second one seems a proper molecular sieve. Better choice, IMO, would be the copper (orange) colored $125 (eBay) water coalescing filter coupled with the M50 molecular sieve. Search "water coalescing PCP filter," or "PCP compressor filters," on eBay, paying close attention to cut-away views which explain operation. I'll include M50 Manual cover if you want to check it out, $60 (eBay.)
IMG_20221022_234748.jpg

JV,
BigHUN has the two-tube copper (orange) colored water coalescing set-up, primarily for scuba tanks, thru which the original activated charcoal would have been used to remove tastes and odors, something our PCPs don't care about. By replacing charcoal with desiccant, BigHUN has an ideal PCP filter program. My only thought is the price, think the dual set-up is up there compared to just buying the single water-coalescing tube and the M50, choice is yours. Should replace activated charcoal in my M50, like BigHUN, but satisfied clean, dry air is generated, so, OK, for now. WM

I recently bought one with 3 stages, charcoal, molecular sieve, and desiccant. Well satisfied, but PCPs don't care much about the air taste, so the charcoal doesn't do anything for me. Will try just the sieve and desiccant the next time.

Also keep in mind, these big filters represent a significant load on your compressor. It's like filling an extra (about) 60 cc tank, as far as I can tell from timing a fillup.

I solved that issue with a couple of valves, so that after the first fill of the day, the pressure would remain in the filter, while the compressor output, and gun filling ports, could be bled properly.

I recently bought one with 3 stages, charcoal, molecular sieve, and desiccant. Well satisfied, but PCPs don't care much about the air taste, so the charcoal doesn't do anything for me. Will try just the sieve and desiccant the next time.

Also keep in mind, these big filters represent a significant load on your compressor. It's like filling an extra (about) 60 cc tank, as far as I can tell from timing a fillup.

I solved that issue with a couple of valves, so that after the first fill of the day, the pressure would remain in the filter, while the compressor output, and gun filling ports, could be bled properly.
Agreed, several good points. My Yong Heng fills fast so long filters aren't a concern, other high-pressure air (HPA) compressors that take longer to fill, and thus risk generating more heat, the ability to hold pressure in long filters is smart. WM