• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuxing compressor

Hi guys Have a question, I have a double cylinder Tuxing with auto stop and auto release however i am having a problem getting the psi pressure beyond 3000psi

could some one tell me what could be the problem. It start out working ok until it reach 3000 psi than it just hang there, I just put a new gauge on it and unhooked the auto shut off

wire check all connection for air leaks but still can't find the problem.

Without looking at it, it seems like the inlet check valve to the second stage is leaking back. You could check that by removing the tubing going to the second stage head, and pulling out the check valve (not sure if yours is on the inlet of the second stage head or outlet of the fist stage head...), Its just a spring poppet type valve. Clean it up, clean the seating surface, and lightly (lightly) grease with silicon grease.

Yes, I'd remove that tube at look at both ends where the check valve would be. It looks like a spring with a piece of metal at the end. Remove them, and clean out where they are seated leaving no lint or anything, Crystal clean. Then clean both check valves and springs, then lightly grease and reassemble. Normally I'd say its the blow out disc, but this compressor doesn't have one...

Yes, you are compressing the air entering the small pencil sized cylinder by about 30X. Any oil or lubricant at all can cause dieseling and also cause the small piston rings to :"gum up" very quickly... If replacing the first stage rings you would very lightly lube them with the same lubricant you use in the sump, since they are more like standard metal piston rings and the compression ration is only about 10X.