• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuxing Broken crankcase pls help

Hi good day.. i am asking for your help, advice or suggestion pls.. i buy this Txedm041 double cylinder pcp air compressor last december 8 2022 and recieve last decmeber 15 2022. I used it perfectly. But last march 1 2023 i found out that has a crack in this area. I dont know what are the causes of this broken crankcase. I just want to hear what can you say about this and how will i fix this pls. Hindi naman po ito na bagsak or na untog bakit kaya nagka ganito? Pls help me po. I cant use it because the air cant flow to the top because of the breakage i think.

received_186863323975931.jpeg

received_128980543220287.jpeg

received_960506404939656.jpeg

received_186863323975931.jpeg

received_128980543220287.jpeg

received_960506404939656.jpeg

That appears to be a stress fracture, possibly caused by harmonic vibration. Maybe a bad casting. Can't know for certain but you may be able to repair and take preventative measure going forward.

If it is difficult for you to obtain a replacement crankcase, a 2-part epoxy or tig welding are possible options.

I would check that all the feet are equally tightened and level, maybe move the compressor to a different surface and only run for brief intervals.

I hope none of this sounds condescending, I'm conscious of this forum attracting members from different parts of the world where availability may be an issue and practical solutions must be sought out.

Reactions: rjeumenda
Has this happened to many of the Tuxing compressors? Anyone see this before? Perhaps all of our Tuxing's will meet the same plight. At least one other fellow removed the feet and installed a better anti vibration setup because he knew all too well the stock ones were no good for vibration. I'm gonna be looking for something better myself.

If we could isolate the crankcase from everything else and put springs under it that might work.

That appears to be a stress fracture, possibly caused by harmonic vibration. Maybe a bad casting. Can't know for certain but you may be able to repair and take preventative measure going forward.

If it is difficult for you to obtain a replacement crankcase, a 2-part epoxy or tig welding are possible options.

I would check that all the feet are equally tightened and level, maybe move the compressor to a different surface and only run for brief intervals.

I hope none of this sounds condescending, I'm conscious of this forum attracting members from different parts of the world where availability may be an issue and practical solutions must be sought out.
Ive had good results epoxying aluminum castings like small engine blocks ,ECT..

Just use one formulated for aluminum

I re read the post it's only several months old dec 8 2022 march 1 2023 Tuxing should warrant it no questions asked.
Btw may i know what are the cases of this damage? Because i dont use it above 50 temp. And i only used it trice since i brought that. And only 3min. My seller dont seen me anymore. Thats y i am here asking for an advice and sugestions and comment of what can they say.

I re read the post it's only several months old dec 8 2022 march 1 2023 Tuxing should warrant it no questions asked.
Yes that is right. But my seller dont seen me anymore. His last reply is the price of the crankcase is 3500php
Labor is 2500php
Mobilization 400php
Shipping 5000 to 6000php
Not included pa daw kung anung ma eencounter na damage during repair. So mpre or less nasa 12000php na at hindi pa sure if ma aayos na sa amount na yun. Suppose to be wala na sanang labor kasi under waranty la naman yan. But my seller is so hasle. Can u suggest where i can contact to help my problem?

I wouldn’t think that the compressor won’t build pressure because of that crack, I would look at the line with the obviously bad seal in the picture.View attachment 337661
Agree the seal and compression fitting are the likely pressure problem. Crank case is only an oil leak problem. Parts on aliexpress. Simple replacement just takes time. https://www.tuxingcn.com/

Tig it yourself ua, but go pay a welder his rate may as well go buy another.. or hope his work dont crack out or causes another .. broke is broke on that stuff.

Thing i was wondering is that the crankcase itself or more empty space between the actual sealed crankcase like a bellhousing for the motor to mount to?

( I dont see like oil or staining from oil comming out from the crack.).

You got more bolts holding it on so expoy may do the job just fine just to hold it firm and stop the crack getting worse.

Unfortunately a dealer not honoring a defective product in the Philippines is a common practice, for whatever reason.

A expat buddy of mine had this happen with an external hard drive he bought in Baguio a few years back.

His successful recourse was to take the case to the NBI, National Bureau of Investigation, they investigated made their finding and the vender refunded his money.

That compressor should not have failed you in such a short life, the seller in a perfect world should handle this through Tuxing but instead it looks like he is leaving you out in the rain. My advice is to contact both the NBI and Tuxing, in that order.

Good luck,

Roachcreek

• Love