• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuxing bottle

So what should I do inspect it my self for corrosion an damage on inside.? after 3 years
Use at your own risk. The dot labels have a cc listing on them, this is the allowable water displacement for the vessel when filled to 5/3 pressure during hydro test. Yes. 60%over pressure. If this value isnt clearly labeled, you have no way to test. My local hydro place will test my out of life bottles but won't label them/certify them. They just make sure they wont pop on me.

Use at your own risk. The dot labels have a cc listing on them, this is the allowable water displacement for the vessel when filled to 5/3 pressure during hydro test. Yes. 60%over pressure. If this value isnt clearly labeled, you have no way to test. My local hydro place will test my out of life bottles but won't label them/certify them. They just make sure they wont pop on me.
I'm alright with the risk they are all the same bottles, they 99% pass hydro anyways so , But imma use a microbore camera really check make sure there is no major currosion, I invested like 200 dollars into filters an what not from my yong heng, I should be good , if I do see currosion then I will stop usin that bottle depending on how bad it looks. I wouldnt even get in the game if I had to buy full price it would be way more pricey for a 3 liter dot bottle or a 6.8 liter dot id be breaking the bank. I had to start with tuxing an acecare.

Reactions: 6gun
I'm alright with the risk they are all the same bottles, they 99% pass hydro anyways so , But imma use a microbore camera really check make sure there is no major currosion, I invested like 200 dollars into filters an what not from my yong heng, I should be good , if I do see currosion then I will stop usin that bottle depending on how bad it looks. I wouldnt even get in the game if I had to buy full price it would be way more pricey for a 3 liter dot bottle or a 6.8 liter dot id be breaking the bank. I had to start with tuxing an acecare.
Fwiw I still use an Sci 45ci bottle from 07 and an out of date scba 🤣. In the end it is our risk right? Structural composites and luxfer i trust and my buddies in the paintball biz concur. I do like whatever Joe brancato carries too.

Thoughts on the Tuxing bottles? They are cheaper than other carbon fiber bottles, is anything wrong with them?
They are all the same just no dot so you cant hydro self inspect after 3 years for currosion with a bore camera. If you see serious currosion then STOP USING IT, If you see tiny bit like here an there specs thats fine
Tomcat airguns cut his open after it expired an you can see a good bit of pitting all over the walls, it was out of date. But if you see it bad Stop using it buy another one. These tanks are not made to blow up like a grenade if something ever was to happen it would fail at the valve threads maybe unless it was so badly pitted that the aluminum was half gone, They did a test it blew at 13000 psi an with only half the carbon fiber wrap intact. These bottles are extremely durrable one guy shot some with a texan they didnt pop, You just never hear modern cases of the newer bottle blowing, It can happen if you dropped it without any padding on the hard marble mall floor then maybe yeah something might go bad. So I got an bought padded case.

Fwiw I still use an Sci 45ci bottle from 07 and an out of date scba 🤣. In the end it is our risk right? Structural composites and luxfer i trust and my buddies in the paintball biz concur. I do like whatever Joe brancato carries too.
I mean I dont fear the bottles to much, I got faith in father up above , But besides that, I run dry air, I invested into the both those filters the first one gets they say [Centrifugal Filtration] The filtration effect is up to 99%. When compressed air enters the oil-water filter, the flow direction and velocity change sharply, and the air flow is first pushed back down by the barrier of the filter, then up, and then up, producing a circular rotation. In this way, water and oil steam are separated from the air under centrifugal and inertial forces and drop down to the bottom of the filter. So if the first one is getting 99% as claimed I even got the next one which is tuxing an thats packed with sieve and the blue one is sieve packed as well aint no way theres moisture in my air.
dsa32.jpg

Your chances of some dumbass flying thru the intersection red light or something like that are WAY AN I MEAN WAYY SKY HIGH compared to death by a bottle, THAT is unless you forgot to filter moisture out of the air an your in a humid region for a bunch of times im sure you can currode on of these bottles an drop it or something an maybe just maybe might get some reaction if its super old but then still they are made with so much reinforcements that its never gonna happen, You would already see this stuff happen it just does not , Cant find any modern cases of the modern bottles blowing.

They are all the same just no dot so you cant hydro self inspect after 3 years for currosion with a bore camera. If you see serious currosion then STOP USING IT, If you see tiny bit like here an there specs thats fine
Tomcat airguns cut his open after it expired an you can see a good bit of pitting all over the walls, it was out of date. But if you see it bad Stop using it buy another one. These tanks are not made to blow up like a grenade if something ever was to happen it would fail at the valve threads maybe unless it was so badly pitted that the aluminum was half gone, They did a test it blew at 13000 psi an with only half the carbon fiber wrap intact. These bottles are extremely durrable one guy shot some with a texan they didnt pop, You just never hear modern cases of the newer bottle blowing, It can happen if you dropped it without any padding on the hard marble mall floor then maybe yeah something might go bad. So I got an bought padded case.
The only confirmed failures I'm aware of were users doing big no no's, and tests.

Thread insert(somewhat like a heli coil) on valve threads to fix a stripped bottle letting go in a paint ball shop.

Petroleum oil squirt inside the valve pin dieseling on a hard impact and flew around.

An airgunner in the who filled his bottle with 100%compressed oxygen and filled his gun that dieseled/turned into a cutting Lance. Burning the metal, the wood stock, and the shooters arm quite badly.

The only like-new tank I retired was an early 2ks fiberglass wrapped bulldog 3k psi tank. I may use it for hundreds of psi for a project, but below 1k. I was around for the appearance of hpa in paintball. It was sketchy what some dudes would do. Be aware, look at your gear for damage, no Petroleum and you should have a good time imho.

Reactions: MarksmanPete