TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

I have a local Grainger and I get a pretty good discount. 

Would this work?

I assume I need the 5000PSI model since the compress can output 4500PSI? They are available in 300, 2750, 3000, and 5000 PSI versions. The 5000 PSI model is substantially more expensive. I have no issues spending the money if needed.

Looks like you have the SCI (Smith-Cooper) 304 2750 PSI model?

6A81B63E-56F0-43F2-AF5D-E89A57248A7F.1607880662.png

Same question here?

2026D6D0-612E-4235-88AA-6CA12FAAFFC9.1607881061.png

I used a female tee with the short pipe nipple to connect the tee to the compressor filter, then the gauge line and outlet line to the others to keep them inline with each other. 304 was all they had in stock at the time I have 316 coming in from parker pnuematics but I have had no issues with the 304 fittings. And the pipe plusg you show will work fine. Also when yo go to remove the gauge line. You must loosen and remove the gauge line from the back of the air pressure gauge first, be sure to use a open end wrench to hold the square back of the fiting on gauge and then use another to loosen the compression nut on the gauge line from the back of the gauge. There is an oring that sits in the fitting on nut side in a small recess make sure not to loose it. When I ran my initial breakin I left all as it comes from the factory after breakin then I made the changes to the lines and other items in my post. If you have any questions you can reach me directly I have PM you with contact info.

I used a female tee with the short pipe nipple to connect the tee to the compressor filter, then the gauge line and outlet line to the others to keep them inline with each other. 304 was all they had in stock at the time I have 316 coming in from parker pnuematics but I have had no issues with the 304 fittings. And the pipe plusg you show will work fine. Also when yo go to remove the gauge line. You must loosen and remove the gauge line from the back of the air pressure gauge first, be sure to use a open end wrench to hold the square back of the fiting on gauge and then use another to loosen the compression nut on the gauge line from the back of the gauge. There is an oring that sits in the fitting on nut side in a small recess make sure not to loose it. When I ran my initial breakin I left all as it comes from the factory after breakin then I made the changes to the lines and other items in my post. If you have any questions you can reach me directly I have PM you with contact info.

Thank you sir. I’m sure I’ll be bugging you shortly. Just got my shipping notice this morning. 

After a couple weeks and reading up I decided to switch over to the Seco Tropical 800, It seems to be a much better oild for the compressors putting out 4500psi and I must admit it does seem to quiet it down a little bit more and smoother. It is still running strong with no issues and it now has alomost 48 hrs on it since purchase and has not missed a beat.

I wanted to give a quick (long) follow up. Based up bthurman's review I decided to go ahead a purchase the Tuxing compressor.

The model number is TXEDT03. I ordered it from aliexpress.com. Tuxing Compressor

Price at the time was $917. $31.58 to ship plus tax. Came out to $1034.22 to my door. When I checked out I chose ship from the 110 version and to have it shipped from the US vs China. Choosing to have it shipped from US cut down on shipping cost, and shipping time. Had to pay tax either way. That being said it ended up being being shipped from China anyway and now doesn't show the ship from US as being an option. Ordered on the 11th and was at my door on the 23rd. I was happy with that. They still beat the delivery date they promised by a day, even with the unit coming from China.

At one point Tuxing had products on Amazon and this model was $1299 I believe. I don't see that as an option currently. But again, no issues with Aliexpress.com what so ever. Honest, reliable, and timely.

I have also ordered a bottle and some accessories from Acecare on Aliexpress and will advise on those when they arrived. They have already shipped so Acecare on Aliexpress also appears to be a reliable source from that standpoint.

The compressor was well packaged. The outside box was a little beat up from the trip, but the unit itself was spotless. As far as what comes with it etc, please see Brian's thoughts and pictures above. Very detailed and exactly what I received as well.

The unit is very well built and thought out. First blush I couldn't be happier. It appears that bthurman has been in communication with Tuxing and they have followed his advice and done some of the "upgrades" that Brain suggested to the units they are shipping out. In terms of moving hoses around and placement of things. All the components are solid and well constructed. Even though I really have had a chance to run it much I feel safe saying there is nothing "junky" on this compressor. Time will tell and I will be honest either way as time progresses. It should be known I will not be maxing this compressor out. It will be for casual usage. I decided to go with more compressor than I needed, and put the best components in it, in hopes of elongating service life.

As mentioned I also went with the filtertechs.com Seco Tropical 800. It was on the high end of price, but I feel the quality is worth it.

I also followed bthurman's advice and purchased some water wetter by redline for the coolant tank. I was able to find it locally at Advance Auto Parts. It was only about $5 there.

Following bthurman's advice I broke the compressor in thoroughly. It runs quite with minimal vibration. My temp gauge is in Fahrenheit and when doing the break in it displayed around 80 degrees or so (just letting it run, not under pressure).

I have only filled up gun twice, but it was a painless uneventful experience, as it should be. While filling the 480cc 250 bar bottle the temp never got about 108. I wasn't timing, but going from 220ish-250 bar took less than a minute.

I purchased the pipe fittings bthurman suggested in his other post. Grainger didn't have them in stock locally, I couldn't find any local retails of stainless pipe fittings. Which I found odd in a city this size.I should say I couldn't find any relatively close to me. I wasn't going to drive all town looking for them either. The prices were about the same so I ordered them on amazon. I went with the Parker 316 high pressure fittings. Should be here today and I will install and update if needed.

Parker Tee

Hex nipple (304, but still high pressure. Couldn't find a 316 one. I'll keep looking)

Parker hex cap

Also ordered a vibratory hour meter from amazon as well. Seems to work great so far.

I'll give updates as things progress. Good and/or bad.

Reactions: Humdinger
After a couple weeks and reading up I decided to switch over to the Seco Tropical 800, It seems to be a much better oild for the compressors putting out 4500psi and I must admit it does seem to quiet it down a little bit more and smoother. It is still running strong with no issues and it now has alomost 48 hrs on it since purchase and has not missed a beat.

Good deal. You are a much higher user than I am. Looking forward to hearing how the oil holds up. Let me know how long between oil changes you get.

Ordered mine on Christmas and the compressor has shipped. It says from a U.S. location so we will see if the 5 day estimate is correct. I will be ordering up the hour meter and fittings today so I have everything ready. I did buy royal purple oil and when it is gone I will switch over. Can’t wait my tank is low, but the wife and I haven’t been shooting with the whole family here this week.

Tony P

I bought high quality steel 5000 psi tees on Ebay from seller faspartsusa. The tee was $10.88 but mine was 1/4 NPT for my Alkin W31. They probably sell 1/8 NPT fittings as well. Anyone buying parts needs to be mindful that they get high pressure rated fittings.

Plus one to Bthurman and flyskyhing for their excellent reviews of this compressor. I'm normally not a fan of Chinese compressors but this one seems well designed and might be a viable option for people considering $1,000 budget compressors. Both of these owners are smart to use quality oil. What they spend extra on oil will save them money in the long term by eliminating failures caused by oil deposits collecting on the reed valves and high pressure piston rings.

Question for Bthurman or Flyskyhigh. Did the spare parts kits include high pressure piston rings? They are the dark brownish gray donut shaped split rings.

Brian has been great and would like to say thank you in supplying info on the compressor and sharing knowledge of what he has learned about this compressor in a short time Yes no ebay for me not knowing if the ratings are right and cheap prices always make me wonder so i deal with companies I know something about and deal with this stuff daily.

4500 psi is nothing to play with or try and get be cheap for sure.

Brian has been great and would like to say thank you in supplying info on the compressor and sharing knowledge of what he has learned about this compressor in a short time Yes no ebay for me not knowing if the ratings are right and cheap prices always make me wonder so i deal with companies I know something about and deal with this stuff daily.

4500 psi is nothing to play with or try and get be cheap for sure.

I’m going to return the Amazon Parker parts and order the titan stuff. Obviously Parker is top quality but the titan parts are about half the price of the Parker parts.

Not looking to cut corners, I see it the same way I see the oil, a couple bucks more for the right parts is worth it. I’m also open to paying less for the right parts :) if I could find the right oil for less money of course I would buy it.

I will trust you that they are high quality, high pressure, 316 stainless. Thanks for the heads up on the titan products. Wish you would have told me a week ago! :)

Really enjoying this site. Everyone is nice and helpful. Some forums you can’t say that. These PCP’s are a hoot. Don’t think I’m giving up competition shooting and reloading any time soon, but I’ve definitely found another hobby to burglarize my time. 

Humdinger yes the spare parts include a full set of high pressure rings as well as reed valve for first stage and all gaskets for both stages.

I will second Brian on this. This is one of the many reason I decided to go with this compressor and brand. All these compressors are going to need service at some point. I liked the fact the Tuxing’s came with a plethora of spare parts. In addition, on Tuxing’s aliexpress page they have pages of parts available as well. In addition it appears you are able to contact a live human at Tuxing to speak with should you need it. This bods well for being able to keep this compressor running for the long term.

This new Tuxing model shows me that this manufacturer is upgrading their compressor at an attractive price given it's new features. I like these improvements. If I was starting out with a $1,000 budget I'd rate this one at the top of my list. The Hill EC-3000 is another compressor that I'd consider if I didn't already own a large carbon fiber tank and only wanted to fill guns or a 3 liter tank.

This Tuxing does have one design feature that is impractical. It has a zeolite desiccant air intake filter to the first stage. This desiccant is an adsorbant (not a typo) which removes moisture effectively under high pressure. This desiccant is filtering air at atmospheric pressure which means the beads are totally inefficient. Water vapor in compressed air attaches to this zeolite effectively. That's why any good dive compressor has a Pressure Maintaining Valve or PMV to hold the air in the output air filter housing at a minimum of 1800 psi before it is released to fill a tank.

Even a shop compressor operating at 125 psi collects moisture in the bottom of the tank like squeezing a wet sponge releases water. I've never seen or operated this particular Tuxing model so I wonder if it lowers noise level more than a paper intake filter? The double filter housing at the output side is going to remove the moisture.

I have a question for owners of this compressor. Is the intake side of the double gold filter tower a cyclone water separator or does it also hold a filter cartridge? I hope it is a cyclone separator not a cartridge holder. If it is a water separator it should dump a blast of moisture during a fill if you bleed it.

This new Tuxing model shows me that this manufacturer is upgrading their compressor at an attractive price given it's new features. I like these improvements. If I was starting out with a $1,000 budget I'd rate this one at the top of my list. The Hill EC-3000 is another compressor that I'd consider if I didn't already own a large carbon fiber tank and only wanted to fill guns or a 3 liter tank.

This Tuxing does have one design feature that is impractical. It has a zeolite desiccant air intake filter to the first stage. This desiccant is an adsorbant (not a typo) which removes moisture effectively under high pressure. This desiccant is filtering air at atmospheric pressure which means the beads are totally inefficient. Water vapor in compressed air attaches to this zeolite effectively. That's why any good dive compressor has a Pressure Maintaining Valve or PMV to hold the air in the output air filter housing at a minimum of 1800 psi before it is released to fill a tank.

Even a shop compressor operating at 125 psi collects moisture in the bottom of the tank like squeezing a wet sponge releases water. I've never seen or operated this particular Tuxing model so I wonder if it lowers noise level more than a paper intake filter? The double filter housing at the output side is going to remove the moisture.

I have a question for owners of this compressor. Is the intake side of the double gold filter tower a cyclone water separator or does it also hold a filter cartridge? I hope it is a cyclone separator not a cartridge holder. If it is a water separator it should dump a blast of moisture during a fill if you bleed it.

Yes both are filters the the inlet has a plastic tuber, two types of beads which Brian and myself took out the tube and filled with 13x mocular sieve beads and the on the

outlet has the white tampon style tube filter in it. Really does a great job of lettting no water into you tank/gun. Noise wise its really quiet as compared to alot of them. You can talk normal around it no problem.

The purpose of a PMV is to make the filter media more effective when filling a tank from empty.

I would suggest to javpcp and iflyskyhigh that you don't need a PMV for this compressor. The reason is that a PMV isn't doing anything when topping off a tank. Dive compressors are used primarily for filling dive tanks where scuba divers return them at near zero pressure. Air gunners refill their tanks when they get down to 3000 psi which is higher than the PMV pressure is set. Most PMV's are set between 1800 and 2200 psi. A PMV holds back the air from the compressor to the fill tank until PMV set pressure is exceeded. The filter desiccant absorbs moisture more effectively under high pressure. You are doing the same thing the PMV does by opening your tank valve after the compressor builds to the residual pressure in your tank.

You can make a poor man's PMV by adding a foster male fitting with a check valve detachable accessory for your tank. It will allow you to open your tank valve without waiting for pressure to equalize between the tank and compressor. It is a male foster with a built in check valve facing the direction of the air flow from the compressor. It is connected to whatever appropriate adapter would connect it to your tank. The two most common adapters would be a male 300DIN or a female foster quick connect. You need to have a tank pressure bleed screw in between this accessory and your tank valve to bleed off the pressure in the adapter. Otherwise you can't remove the check valve device because it is under pressure. There are various adapters for the check valve depending on the type of connection to the tank valve. 

The only time a PMV is better than a check valve is when filling tanks from empty. For most of us, that is a rare occurrence.