TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

I bought a portable unit. The one with sloped front. $340 or so. I took it on a trip. First time using it. The 120 volt power supply failed. Thank goodness the 12 volt worked. I would have been upset spending $550 shipping my gear and not being able to use it.

I have a Veradium Torus Bulldog 357. The portable would be great for a hunting trip. Not so much for the heavy use of blasting through rounds with kids. I get 6 shots with my gun. Each takes 200 psi.

The Tuxing portable seemed to struggle a little getting to 3640. I set it at 3480 and it was more happy. It still took about 8 minutes to top off from about 2400 to 3480.

You need to put a drop of silicone in it on every fill.

If I were to shoot for target or plink, I would get a bottle. This unit it too slow. If I were hunting, it's fine.

Im not happy the built in power converter died on the first use. Im an electrician by trade. Im pretty confident it's a failed power supply. It's not a fuse or loose wire. 

The importer is trying to get me a new PS. I am happy to drop one in. It's not that difficult.

Rex

Would I purchase the Tuxing portable again. For a gun that has a high shot count and wants 300 psi. Sure. I was happy it seemed to run dry and clean air. Mine came with the filter canister that takes a pad about 3 inch long. It was clean after using it to fill the gun 15 times over a couple days. I made sure to open the bleed on the bottom first to get moisture out.

In my case with a powerful 357 asking for 3600 psi. Not sure. It actually works for my use. I am going to hunt this gun. If I were more plinking. No 

Getting a TXEDT032 direct from Tuxing this week.

This is a really helpful thread and here is a summary of what I'm hearing you guys are recommending:

Contact Brian Thurman at www.veradiumair.com for help/parts etc. 

Ideal to plug into a dedicated 110V 20 amp circuit.

Modify gage line routing (T fitting).

Make sure temperature probe is installed correctly.

Double check wire connections.

Change air filter to 13x Molecular Sieve beads

Check/fix water tank leak at inlet hose connection

Use good oil (ordered some Mobil 827)

Add Redline water wetter.

Add vibration Hour meter

Run break in and check for leaks etc.

Anything important that I missed?

Getting a TXEDT032 direct from Tuxing this week.

This is a really helpful thread and here is a summary of what I'm hearing you guys are recommending:

Contact Brian Thurman at www.veradiumair.com for help/parts etc. 

Ideal to plug into a dedicated 110V 20 amp circuit.

Modify gage line routing (T fitting).

Make sure temperature probe is installed correctly.

Double check wire connections.

Change air filter to 13x Molecular Sieve beads

Check/fix water tank leak at inlet hose connection

Use good oil (ordered some Mobil 827)

Add Redline water wetter.

Add vibration Hour meter

Run break in and check for leaks etc.

Anything important that I missed?

Looks good. Just used mine the other day. Still kicking. 

So an update is due

I continue utilizing the same Tuxing 032 model that I purchased and did the orignal review on. . 
I use this model to fill my storage tanks and a few customers when those tanks are low. I have 98 hrs of runtime on the Tuxing and to this day she is still running strong and filling tanks. I did switch over to the SECO 500 oil shortly after the review as royal purple cannot handle the use. I can say that it has performed darn well, only maintenance has been regular oil and 13x changes, I have changed the tampon filter 3 times I just wear them out after all those hours. The pressure gauge need replaced at 60hrs as it was getting off in readings a bit. I did change the HP rings at 75 hrs due to a bit of wear but she never stopped filling. I have quite frankly beat this unit up and she has not failed me. I while not everyone will experience this longevity, with proper oil changes and filter maintenance should last most folks for a good while.

20220516_200718.1652750112.jpg
20220516_200724.1652750112.jpg
20220516_200744.1652750113.jpg

I got my Tuxing 032 today. I did the once over. The Temperature sender was in the head but not fully seated. The hose that goes from the water pump to the first cylinder was cut about 2” too short so was not connected. Concerning but an easy fix with some new hose cut to correct length. There is a small O ring on the oil drain bolt that was visibly pinched. I removed the bolt and notices some very dark gray oil came out. Looked exactly like machine cutting oil so that is also concerning. It may also be some kind of assembly lube? Was only about a half a tablespoon so I just let it drip out. There is no grove to receive an O ring so I’m sure a replacement would also pinch so I used some gray silicone instead which is probably a better seal solution anyway. Topped it off with SECO 500 per Brian’s recommendation. Filled the tank with distilled water and about 4 oz of Redline water wetter.

Ran the water pump for a few minutes and saw no leaks. Ran the compressor open with no load for about 10-15 minutes per Brian’s break in recommendation. This compressor has a nice quality sound to it by the way. Not too loud at all. Plugged the hose, set the gauge to 250 BAR and the compressor got there in just a few minutes and shut off fine. No leaks. Set the gauge to 300 BAR and repeated with same results. Purged the canisters with only the first having a little moisture and the second was mostly dry.

Hooked it up to my 92 cu ft tank and it went from 200 BAR to 300 BAR in about 15 minutes with one purge (again only moisture in first canister). The gauge on the compressor and the gauge on the tank both had the exact same 300 BAR reading so I don’t think mine has the gauge accuracy problem some of you have had. I probably will not reroute the pressure gauge line if this remains the case.

The hottest IR reading on was about 157F (@ cylinder just below the head). The temp indicator on the compressor got to around 127. Time will tell but it seems like a really nice compressor. It will only see a couple of uses per month so should last a lifetime?

I got my Tuxing 032 today. I did the once over. The Temperature sender was in the head but not fully seated. The hose that goes from the water to the first cylinder was cut about 2” too short so was not connected. Concerning but an easy fix with some new hose cut to correct length. There is a small O ring on the oil drain bolt that was visibly pinched. I removed the bolt and notices some very dark gray oil came out. Looked exactly like machine cutting oil so that is also concerning. It may also be some kind of assembly lube? Was only about a half a tablespoon so I just let it drip out. There is no grove to receive an O ring so I’m sure a replacement would also pinch so I used some gray silicone instead which is probably a better seal solution anyway. Topped it off with SECO 500 per Brian’s recommendation. Filled the tank with distilled water and about 4 oz of Redline water wetter.

Ran the water pump for a few minutes and saw no leaks. Ran the compressor open with no load for about 10-15 minutes per Brian’s break in recommendation. This compressor has a nice quality sound to it by the way. Not too loud at all. Plugged the hose, set the gauge to 250 BAR and the compressor got there in just a few minutes and shut off fine. No leaks. Set the gauge to 300 BAR and repeated with same results. Purged the canisters with only the first having a little moisture and the second was mostly dry.

Hooked it up to my 92 cu ft tank and it went from 200 BAR to 300 BAR in about 15 minutes with one purge (again only moisture in first canister). The gauge on the compressor and the gauge on the tank both had the exact same 300 BAR reading so I don’t think mine has the gauge accuracy problem some of you have had. I probably will not reroute the pressure gauge line if this remains the case.

The hottest IR reading on was about 157F (@ cylinder just below the head). The temp indicator on the compressor got to around 127. Time will tell but it seems like a really nice compressor. It will only see a couple of uses per month so should last a lifetime?

when k first got it I filled it with oil. Did the break in, and then changed the oil again. Cheap insurance to make sure all the crap was out of the crank case. 

Your post reminded me of another issue I hadn’t shared. I too had a little (like super tiny) oil drip from the drain plug as well. Went out one day and saw a couple drips on the garage floor. Was concerned at first, but after I figured out where it was coming from realized no big deal. Doesn’t really seem to matter how tight you get the drain plug. Not a big issue. Just put a rag underneath it while not using. Haven’t noticed any oil really accumulating on the rag so it’s most likely just a drip of oil after running it.

I got my Tuxing 032 today. I did the once over. The Temperature sender was in the head but not fully seated. The hose that goes from the water to the first cylinder was cut about 2” too short so was not connected. Concerning but an easy fix with some new hose cut to correct length. There is a small O ring on the oil drain bolt that was visibly pinched. I removed the bolt and notices some very dark gray oil came out. Looked exactly like machine cutting oil so that is also concerning. It may also be some kind of assembly lube? Was only about a half a tablespoon so I just let it drip out. There is no grove to receive an O ring so I’m sure a replacement would also pinch so I used some gray silicone instead which is probably a better seal solution anyway. Topped it off with SECO 500 per Brian’s recommendation. Filled the tank with distilled water and about 4 oz of Redline water wetter.

when k first got it I filled it with oil. Did the break in, and then changed the oil again. Cheap insurance to make sure all the crap was out of the crank case. 

Your post reminded me of another issue I hadn’t shared. I too had a little (like super tiny) oil drip from the drain plug as well. Went out one day and saw a couple drips on the garage floor. Was concerned at first, but after I figured out where it was coming from realized no big deal. Doesn’t really seem to matter how tight you get the drain plug. Not a big issue. Just put a rag underneath it while not using. Haven’t noticed any oil really accumulating on the rag so it’s most likely just a drip of oil after running it.

Mine does not seem to drip (yet). Silicone gray should eliminate this possibility.

So an update is due

I continue utilizing the same Tuxing 032 model that I purchased and did the orignal review on. . 
I use this model to fill my storage tanks and a few customers when those tanks are low. I have 98 hrs of runtime on the Tuxing and to this day she is still running strong and filling tanks. I did switch over to the SECO 500 oil shortly after the review as royal purple cannot handle the use. I can say that it has performed darn well, only maintenance has been regular oil and 13x changes, I have changed the tampon filter 3 times I just wear them out after all those hours. The pressure gauge need replaced at 60hrs as it was getting off in readings a bit. I did change the HP rings at 75 hrs due to a bit of wear but she never stopped filling. I have quite frankly beat this unit up and she has not failed me. I while not everyone will experience this longevity, with proper oil changes and filter maintenance should last most folks for a good while.

20220516_200718.1652750112.jpg
20220516_200724.1652750112.jpg
20220516_200744.1652750113.jpg

WOW! That is some longevity and great news! I own the same unit. Thank you and all the folks here that provide such great info and support. Here's my experience:

(Feb. 2022) I bought the "TXEDT032" Dec. 24th, 2021 on Amazon with a 4-year warranty and I have been using it for multiple PCP Air guns & (Two) 45 minute (68 cu ft ?) 4500 PSI SCBA tanks. The unit has about 2 HOURS +/- run time on it so far, which consists of the following usage:
A 10 min. test run after setup, 3 total top-offs of the SCBA tank(s), and a single EMPTY to FULL fill of an SCBA tank (all 4300 PSI fills).
DETAILS: (2) top-offs of a re-certified circa 2012 SCBA tank from approx. 3100-4300 PSI each time (approx. 25 min. +/- total), (1) top-off (same tank) from about 2800-4300 PSI (approx. 15 min. total), and a single complete fill on a different re-certified circa 2016 SCBA from 0-4300 PSI (approx. 60 min. +/- total) with no issues to mention.

NOTE: On the 0-4300 PSI fill, I stopped at 2500 PSI and let the compressor rest (Cooling system running) for 15-20 min., then continued to the 4300 PSI total fill.

All fill times were done outside in 45F - 48F degrees for the top-offs and about 43F +/- degrees for the EMPTY to FULL 4300 PSI fill.

Hope this input helps!

UPDATE 5/30/2022

I now have used the compressor for over 5 hours. At the 5 hour mark I changed the oil for the 1st time (which is quite easy!). I'm using "Royal Purple" Synthetic oil ("Synfilm Recip. 100") - Reciprocating Air Compressor Oil. The Tuxing TXEDT032 compressor has been a great investment so far and the product seems to be of above average quality.

I bought "TUXING TXEDT032 : Auto Purge version" on Aliexpress.

The pressure gauge is tilted and cannot be adjusted.

TUXING said it will ship a replacement soon.

TUXING support is great.

But I want great QC rather than great support.

I also participate in forums because there are few reviews. I will answer any questions.

I'm Japanese, so I'm not good at English.

IMG_6134.1654517924.JPG

gauge_ 1.1654517949.png