TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

110volt wall socket. I,m a gear head not a sparky but know a little on that side. But I know burnt winding when I see then. There were just 3or4 winding wires burned into 

Were they touched breaker switch wires . is there a way to maybe solder them back together and paint some kind of sealing over them. Or do those winding get to hot? 

Just asking? I mean it will start up for a few sec,s before it trips again. I would love to fix this if there a chance weather than messing around with Tuxing. It is not worth 

Putting slot of money into the way it is. Just bugs me having a brand new commpressor I cannot use.

Fly🤔

Test the windings.

Screenshot_20220203-041648_Samsung Internet.1643883467.jpg

Well that brings me to the question what would it cost to have that motor repaired by what I have told you? I,m trying to figure out should I just use this compressor for spare parts or

would it be worth repairing the motor if indeed Tuxing won't warranty it? 

Fly

Contact user B Thurman on this forum. He owns Veridum Air on Texas. He’s using these compressors for his business to fill his customers tanks so these compressors CAN be reliable. 

I haven’t talked to him in several month so not sure how it’s going, but last we spoke he was the US distributor for Tuxing parts and service.

I also know he was was using the Tropics Oil and had issues with it as well so he switched to the heavier weight oil.

I know it’s a lot but if you back to the beginning of this thread, there are some tips tricks to getting the most out of these compressors

reviving this thread after purchasing the same model, and following the setup instructions here (thanks brian). so far this has outlasted both an AV 4500, as well as an Hill EC-3000. this is like the AV on steroids. the hill felt like a larger version of my GX CS2, and was not surprised when it failed on me the first day.

thanks to @Fly for all the posts about working with Tuxing, which made me want to move forward and give this compressor a try.

mine fills about 30% slower than other fill times people are stating here, but maybe not everybody has the model with two water oil separators built in. verified no air leaks if i let it sit at pressure so not sure why mine would be slower.

so far for my experience with cheap compressors:

GX CS2 - almost 40 hours, still running great

AV 4500 Refurb - DOA

Hill EC-3000 - needed repairs after 1 hour of use, so I returned it

Tuxing TXEDT032 - running like a champ with a few hours of use so far

Glad my screw up could help you. 

I will tell you if it’s taking 30% longer I’m 99.9% sure you have a leak even though your sure you don’t. 

I told B Thurman the same thing and he said “you have a leak” I did. When I screwed the gauge back together didn’t quite get it sealed. Ever so slight. Almost imperceptible. But it was there. As soon as I fixed it it aired my tank right up. 

I have the same 2 separator model as you. 

Glad my screw up could help you. 

I will tell you if it’s taking 30% longer I’m 99.9% sure you have a leak even though your sure you don’t. 

I told B Thurman the same thing and he said “you have a leak” I did. When I screwed the gauge back together didn’t quite get it sealed. Ever so slight. Almost imperceptible. But it was there. As soon as I fixed it it aired my tank right up. 

I have the same 2 separator model as you.

well looks like the covers are coming off this weekend and ill be searching for a leak.

Hi fly, Was looking at buying the tuxing txedt032 model. Knowing what you know now, would you recommend it? Would you buy it from Amazon with warranty or save the 350.00 and buy from tuxing or run from it. Thanks

I believe that's the same one the rest of have. I've had good luck as have several others, but there are some on here who haven't been so lucky.

It's just a matter of time before any high pressure air compressor will need to be fixed. You can't put something mechanical under that much stress and expect it to last forever.

I went with the Tuxing, as did several others, because of the customer support and availability of cheap parts. 

I have no proof, but based on looks, I believe tuxing to be an OEM supplier of several airgun companies branded compressors. Take that for what it's worth.

My biggest piece of advice is don't skimp on oil. Buy the expensive nice high pressure compressor oil. Baby it, and hopefully it will last.

As I've said B Thurman runs two of them in his shop and fills customer tanks, Again take it for what it's worth.

Personally I'd save the money and buy it from AliExpress or Tuxing. If something goes wrong you're better off getting the parts and fixing it yourself. You can buy a lot of spare parts for $350. Plus its todays freight rates are you really gonna box it up and ship it back to them to work on it?

Thanks for the response. I just ordered it on AliExpress/ the official tuxing store. Never have ordered from them before. But like you said 350.00 buys lots of parts. Cross my fingers and roll the dice. Thanks I will give an update when it arrives. By the way will you let me know what oil you think is best? Also should I use distilled water with some type of additive? Any advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Thanks for the response. I just ordered it on AliExpress/ the official tuxing store. Never have ordered from them before. But like you said 350.00 buys lots of parts. Cross my fingers and roll the dice. Thanks I will give an update when it arrives. By the way will you let me know what oil you think is best? Also should I use distilled water with some type of additive? Any advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Filter Techs

I used the Tropics blend and it’s been fine for me, but others have had issues with it foaming and gunking up. I’d stick with the one above.

Yes distilled water with a tiny bit of Water Wetter. You can buy all kinds of places. Most auto parts stores have it. 

Hi just came in today. Just want to thank everyone on here, information spot on. Arrived very well packed.. Checked fittingss seems to be good. Went through break in as instructed. Had leak at resovoir connection used supreme silicon hope that fixes it. Filled great white from 2700 to 4200 in about 15 minutes temps highest point 138 degrees. Purred the whole way.. Used distilled water and some water wetter. Oil was seco lube 500. Too early to tell what she is going to do but tonight I love it. Thanks iflyskyhigh for the recommendations and all that have contributed.

Good news. 🤞🏻 they hold up and you get years of enjoy from them. I’m at about a year and half and going strong. I started filling bottles for people local to me to make a couple bucks and help offset the cost of the compressor. Plus verify few places close to me to get a fill or top off. I’m basically doing public service! 😂 (Safety Sally’s and Lawyer Lucy’s can withhold comment. I understand risk reward equation just fine.)

Well after my Nomad II crapped out on me, and speakimg to Brian several time, I pulled the trigger and ordered my tuxing. I also have on order the seco 800, 13x media, and T-fitting mod. Once all of my parts get here Brian told me to call him and he would walk me through step-by-step of the break in procedure, and doing the 13x media change over etc. Brian is a wealth of knowledge and a great asset to the airgun world. I ordered a NEW DRAGER SCBA 4500psi Carbon Fiber 45 min Tank from ebay and had it shipped to his shop so he could give it the once over, and install my filling adapter. He is even going to have it re- hydro testes if needed. Like i said before stan up dude. Once all is well with my compressor, I will add my thoughts, and reviews here. Cheers