TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

This has been a great thread. What a learning curve on these compressors. In following this tread I have not
seen any major problems with these compressors. As I said early on I worked for a R&D engineering group before
retirement. The one thing I can see with the Chinese is they do not seem to worry about the small problems. American company’s know better. The Chinese exspect there customer’s to just deal with these things.

Fly🧐

I think I must have ran it too hot? I let it sit for a good hour and then it turned back on just fine. Last time I used it the weather was much cooler and I filled an empty 100cf tank from empty with no problem. There must be some temp relay somewhere and 138 deg F was too high? I don’t recall how hot it got last time I used I was able to run it much longer in the cooler weather. I also noticed the water tank was a couple cups low so I topped it off. I filled my tank from 220 BAR to 300 BAR just now but never let the temperature go over 125 deg F. I had to turn the compressor off 4 times as it is a bit warm here. I was really happy with the compressor so I hope it is this simple. It sure seems to work fine now.

Talking about the extension cord. Some times that can be a must. But if so use as short & as large of wire
inside the extension cord. I have seen cheap extension cords with as small as 16 gage wire inside them. try
to avoid a extension cord as mentioned above, bit if you must get a short heavy duty no lighter then #12 wire.
l think a lot of people cause many problems on there self not knowing.

I'm a new to PCP and planning on getting a compressor, possibly the Tuxing 032 model. How many of the issues from the beginning of this thread have Tuxing taken care of by upgrading their product? Or is everything basically the same as 2020 when this thread started?
It appears that Amazon at ($1109) is the cheapest at this time due to high shipping cost from China. Is the "042" model listed on Amazon for $739 with a 20% discount coupon ($592) the same product without the water tank?

What’s up members, just got mine yesterday, unpacked did an inspection, added distilled water, wetter, synthetic purple oil and tunic would not turn on. Compressor pumps nothing. Pulled the power box down and found one of the cables pulled off the power chord connector. Reseated wiring put it back together and good to go. Ran the pump 15 minut no leaks, ran the compressor 10 minutes no issues. Topped off my CF 75CC bottle from 4000-4500 took 7 minutes. Seemed like a lot of moisture in the first valve 2nd one was goood. Question what are in the gold tubes I did add anything too them???

What’s up members, just got mine yesterday, unpacked did an inspection, added distilled water, wetter, synthetic purple oil and tunic would not turn on. Compressor pumps nothing. Pulled the power box down and found one of the cables pulled off the power chord connector. Reseated wiring put it back together and good to go. Ran the pump 15 minut no leaks, ran the compressor 10 minutes no issues. Topped off my CF 75CC bottle from 4000-4500 took 7 minutes. Seemed like a lot of moisture in the first valve 2nd one was goood. Question what are in the gold tubes I did add anything too them???
If it is a typical 2 stage filtration system the first gold cylinder is a cyclonic water separator with a moisture dump valve at the bottom. The second one contains a desiccant bead cartridge which is there to remove the last traces of moisture that gets past the water separator tower. Tuxing should explain their operation and maintenance in the owner's pamphlet.

Reactions: Ginuwine1969
Update* Compressor no longer works less than 2 hours run time. High pressure air has found its way into the coolant system and blows all the coolant out of the lines and back into the reservoir. It will no long fill a gun or the CF bottle. :mad: In contact with AliExpress. This unit has had nothing but problems: day one, power cable not connected to switch, day 2 leaking from coolant reservoir out line, day 5 blown cap, day 6 no fill. I really do love that its so quiet, but I've had Yong hang compressor an worked for 3 years not issues until the crank case cracked. LOL

I’ve seen recommendations on oil grade, the SecoLube500 and Mobil827 are VG100 DIN51524HLP, which is actually intended for Hydraulic operations in enclosed cases, moreover this grade is neutral to O-rings, gaskets, casing and any metallurgy in the case and to case itself, thereby not causing any deterioration by chemical reaction with them through the working temperature range… 30DegC up to 160DegC(?, they haven’t indicated temp. but Pressure).
3AD0145B-40CC-46B8-AF3E-9A1CB93D6FBA.jpeg

Whereas, the grade recommended for Piston Compressors is VG150 DIN50156VDL with all the properties of DIN51524HLP except that the higher temperature wall being 220DegC.
D30ED9F0-D002-4A5A-A63C-6CF88DAF5CFD.jpeg

@bthurman @iflyskyhigh and other experienced Minds, do You second my thought that though the DIN50156VDL (VG150) has better performance, but at 150 Viscosity it might not suit the Tuxing Compressor needs, might cause issues instead as well?

Asking as here in India, I don’t have the SecoLube500 and Mobil827 available at affordable cost and/or in smaller packaging. The latter is available in 20Litres Packaging.
Also, if (at all) VG150 works, I’ve a supplier having Mannol (German) 10L packaging which is far affordable here.
Pls. Suggest on these…

I have had the exact compressor as talked about in the above post for about 6 months now. Other than a couple of minor water leaks at the ball cock valve and flexible water lines, it works flawless. I used Mobil 827 in compressor and so far no oil consumption or any contamination on second filter. I place a rubber nipple over the air intake after every use to avoid it absorbing moisture while not in use. I do have an odor from the air it delivers. I think it comes from the mobil oil. Does the same problem when using Royal Purple? I have not removed the primary filter for inspection. Would anyone have a different combination for materials to use instead of the 3 combinations that came from the factory? I loved the fact this is a complete unit without have to add any components to fill tanks. My CF tank is a Great White 97 cf and is does a great job. I paid $899.00 delivered to my door direct from Tuxing