TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

Brian, I will be contacting you in a few weeks about this compressor,I just had total knee replacement. My Shoebox F8 just broke the arm that runs the cylinder. It’s 8 years old with hundreds of hours on it, and only a few rebuilds.

I see your offering this Tuxing with all of the updates that you’ve done, that’s the one I’m interested in.

thanks

Zonk

I have had mine for about 8 months now and only fill bottles with it....It has run great!!!!! Brian helped walk me through setting it up and I can't say enough about his help over the phone explaining a few items. I have a little over 6 hours on it, not a lot, but running great......I have no idea what I did before I bought this compressor with all the playing around with tunes and shooting the wife and I do.

Tony P.

I have had mine ( Hatsan Lightning) for just over a year and less than 20 hours on it now, Shortly after 7-8 hours the wiring literally caught fire. It was bad enough I could not tell how to rewire it the main switch was so burnt. With some help from Bigragu and L.Leon on here I got it running. But the water pump don't work I cool it like the first Tuxing I got, out of a bucket, auto purge is out but the auto shut off worked. So I have been filling that way now for some time. Yesterday I was topping off my 60 minute tank, it got to 3700 and shut off. temp was 125f I'm looking it over and it took off again and still under load! ran for 2 minutes and off again. 40 seconds latter up and running again? 2 minutes later its off again. I drained the line and purged it starting back up again @2700 PSI it started all over again. So I disconnected the wires on the auto purge. Drained it again and restarted, Same thing. So next I disconnected the gauge same thing. So then I put a deadhead on the hose. ran right up to 4500 psi no problem.So the I hooked up my crown filled it no problem?I have no idea why it is shutting down. Any ideas why it's doing this???

The real pisser is when I had the fire I found out Hatsan no longer supports this unit. They would not even answer the phone. I did get a response to an Email stating they no longer carry or warranty them. I don't know who Brian is, but I did send an email similar to Tuxing. They want a video. I want my compressor replaced I'll pay the freight and donate it to the local High School shooting facility. I am ordering an Alkin w32v. I would have had it half paid for by now!

P.S

BTW My Air ventury lasted 25 days. I got my money back a least.

One of the o-rings on the tank side coupling may be leaking. Try filling to the tank again and soap the connection and look for a leak. If it is shutting off around 2700 psi make sure you check as it nears that pressure. Also check all other connections on the machine the same way. One other thing to check is the check valve under the line that goes into the top of the high side. If you take off the line and the very top fitting the check valve is right below it.

The real pisser is when I had the fire I found out Hatsan no longer supports this unit. They would not even answer the phone. I did get a response to an Email stating they no longer carry or warranty them. I don't know who Brian is, but I did send an email similar to Tuxing. They want a video. I want my compressor replaced I'll pay the freight and donate it to the local High School shooting facility. I am ordering an Alkin w32v. I would have had it half paid for by now!

P.S

BTW My Air ventury lasted 25 days. I got my money back a least.

I think the Brian he's referring to is @bthurman at Veradium Air ( www.veradiumair.com ). I believe they are a Tuxing representative for the United States. He's based out of Texas.

I bought one from Amazon and it never turned on. I contacted the seller to see how and where the wires are connected to since about half the wires were disconnected and the circuit board fell out of the box it sets in. The seller, Tuxing, immediately got in touch with me. I was communicating with people at the factory in China! Yes, I was impressed too. They wanted me to contact them using the WhatsApp. It was here that we were in contact. They were really eager to help me get my compressor to work. They sent me videos and photo's of where to hook up the wires. The main issue was the wire's on my machine were different then the wiring they showed me. They even sent me a new circuit board from China. Which impressed me more. In the end the unit never worked. They initiated a return and the return label had ME pay for the shipping charges with amounted to $168.25! I shipped it to their repair center in NY. I contacted Amazon asking for a reimbursement for the shipping costs. They were flabbergasted that I did not receive a postage paid return label. The Chinese wanted to repair it and send it back to me. I wanted either a new one or a refund. I did not want that one anymore. They refunded the shipping via PayPal and processed they refund. I haven't received the refund as of yet. So the take away is that Tuxings customer service is very very good. 

Reactions: Scott_R_FL
I bought one from Amazon and it never turned on. I contacted the seller to see how and where the wires are connected to since about half the wires were disconnected and the circuit board fell out of the box it sets in. The seller, Tuxing, immediately got in touch with me. I was communicating with people at the factory in China! Yes, I was impressed too. They wanted me to contact them using the WhatsApp. It was here that we were in contact. They were really eager to help me get my compressor to work. They sent me videos and photo's of where to hook up the wires. The main issue was the wire's on my machine were different then the wiring they showed me. They even sent me a new circuit board from China. Which impressed me more. In the end the unit never worked. They initiated a return and the return label had ME pay for the shipping charges with amounted to $168.25! I shipped it to their repair center in NY. I contacted Amazon asking for a reimbursement for the shipping costs. They were flabbergasted that I did not receive a postage paid return label. The Chinese wanted to repair it and send it back to me. I wanted either a new one or a refund. I did not want that one anymore. They refunded the shipping via PayPal and processed they refund. I haven't received the refund as of yet. So the take away is that Tuxings customer service is very very good. 

Might I suggest you order direct from their Aliexpress store?

That way it’s boxed up and sent directly from them with none of the Amazon shenanigans.

Had mine a little over a hear now and it’s been great. Use it maybe a couple times a month. Filled some friends tanks. 

It seeps a tiny tiny amount of oil out the bottom of the crank case but it’s really a non issue. I mean tiny. Like a drop or two on the rag I put underneath it. 

I’d still recommend it. I just did to a couple guys at AOA yesterday. 😊 

Boy it never stops with these compressors and we keep buying them. Problem is what other choice do we have with out buying a $2000 compressor? Until a company other 

Than a Chinese company markets a reliable entry level compressor the Chinese are laughing all the way to the bank. Sorry but that is just the facts.

Fly

Ps after two week of me hounding Tuxing about mind I findly got a reply got a reply. It said (sorry for the delay but we are having a new years celebration and we will get back 

To you) Give me a brake I could have not made this up in my wildest dream.😂. Fly

Having spent many years in the Far East they do take New Years much more serious than we do. Just a little trivia, their birthday is celebrated on New Years too. As far as the Tuxing Compressor goes once mine broke the first time it continued to break. Every time I repaired it something else broke. Finally bought an Alkin which is what I should have done in the first place.

Mind stopped working a few days ago...It wasn't building up pressure, but thanks to Humdinger here and his knowledge I figured out it was the check valve on the high pressure side and after cleaning and a new spring that was in the extras parts bag it is running great again. I have about 39 hours on it in about 13 months. When this one goes I will buy something nice since the wife shoots also...

Tony p.

Seco Tropics 700...going to try their 500 next....I had a lot of brownish crap on the check valve and spring so I am wondering if it was the oil since it is so thin

Tony P.

Same thing I’m running. My oil is crystal clear. Weird. I know B Thurman has some issues with the 700 too. Maybe environment?? I live in the desert. I’ll probably switch to the 500 next just because. Seems like that’s the consensus. 

My Tuxing is a cheap one compared to what you guys have, but if indeed it is made buy Tuxing just the same. I ran a research & development engineering model shop 

For 25 years before retirement. I machined and made our prototype parts for engineering. Your products are no better than quality controll. Let face some facts here. We 

Have all delt with Chinese products. Some are not bad but most are not. Many of the workers in assembly are just not qualified or trained well. I inspected my unit and 

The machine work was all and quality. The anodizing top notched. But after my machine sparked and burned the motor winding on the back I pulled the cover to inspect 

It. What I found was the wires that ran to the 18amp trip or breaker switch were routed under the cast frame but were touching the motor windings & you could see where

The arking between the two was.the covering over the wires was black but not burned threw but the winding wires were burned into. I think k the design of this unit was 

was fine but the way the wires were layer out and run were not. I look at this as if they do this with a smaller unit that is been on the market for some time and not addressed 

This problem what about the larger ones. Steve on this form said Hatsan lightning was made in China & they dropped them because of warranty problems. These new Tuxing

Compressors maybe the cats meows but with my experance with Tuxing & how they have treated me, sorry Charle. Scerw me once your fault screw me twice my fault. I truly hope

You fellows have a great experance with your new compressors I truly do.

Good luck Fly