TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

Looks cool. But wouldn’t it have been easier to just buy the one with all that installed alrea

Sure you can see it that way if you want.

However, my reasoning:

• I am a value buyer for certain things (I’m cheap… lol)
  • I bought the base model, TXED011, from Aliexpress for $350 shipped
  • I enjoyed the project as I created something of value to me
  • I have components of much higher quality than what is provided by the factory and I can trouble shoot and fix it by myself as I designed the electrical circuit and installed the components
  • Overall I spent $350 for compressor and $300 for the upgraded components. Total spent $650 (my time was free, but that is my entertainment)
  • The upper line model, the TXEDT032 costs $800 and I spend $650 overall with better upgraded components
  • The factory design for the two stage oil/water filter connects directly to the high pressure side. As a result it saturates the first stage cotton tampon inside the filter. I did not like that so I made it better by adding the moisture water trap prior to the oil water separator. This way very littile moistrue if any makes it in the tampon. This makes it last longer with less maintenance
  • The factory design does not have enough water to properly cool the system, so I increased the quantity of water to 2.5 gallons. Temperaturs never get over 45C (115F)
  • The factory system does not have an LED motor hour time counter, so I added one
  • The factory design comes with a weak 24v water pump, I changed it to a 110v robust aquarium pump
  • Also, its's my time and effort. I enjoyed it and was entertained. Plus I am proud that I made this happen.
  • So as they say “to each his own...”

Last edited:
Sure you can see it that way if you want.

However, my reasoning:

• I am a value buyer for certain things (I’m cheap… lol)
  • I bought the base model, TXED011, from Aliexpress for $350 shipped
  • I enjoyed the project as I created something of value to me
  • I have components of much higher quality than what is provided by the factory and I can trouble shoot and fix it by myself as I designed the electrical circuit and installed the components
  • Overall I spent $350 for compressor and $300 for the upgraded components. Total spent $650 (my time was free, but that is my entertainment)
  • The upper line model, the TXEDT032 costs $800 and I spend $650 overall with better upgraded components
  • The factory design for the two stage oil/water filter connects directly to the high pressure side. As a result it saturates the first stage cotton tampon inside the filter. I did not like that so I made it better by adding the moisture water trap prior to the oil water separator. This way very littile moistrue if any makes it in the tampon. This makes it last longer with less maintenance
  • The factory design does not have enough water to properly cool the system, so I increased the quantity of water to 2.5 gallons. Temperaturs never get over 45C (115F)
  • The factory system does not have an LED motor hour time counter, so I added one
  • The factory design comes with a weak 24v water pump, I changed it to a 110v robust aquarium pump
  • Also, its's my time and effort. I enjoyed it and was entertained. Plus I am proud that I made this happen.
  • So as they say “to each his own...”
"because I can" is the best answer. It was a project. Projects don't need to make sense to the majority of people.

Instead of modifying I bit the bullet at bought a 4 cylinder tuxing. No complaints other than their 2.2kw draw rating. It needs a dedicated 30a with a fresh breaker or 40a circuit realistically. Shoulda bought gas powered, and can convert but it came with the air processors op used essentially.
Very cool. I've never seen a 4-cylinder Tuxing. Please post the link? Thanks...

Very cool. I've never seen a 4-cylinder Tuxing. Please post the link? Thanks...
It's a 1400 dollar dive compressor clone. Ali express tuxing store. I wasn't dropping 5k on a Bauer, which I should've for longevity of parts support. But that's a big price difference from making parts or using piston rings from cars on it to fix it, which I could do.

Reactions: Centercut
I have, STAY FAR AWAY FROM IT! I also have the

TUXING 4500Psi Pcp Compressor,Double Cylinder Scuba Air Compressor,Manually Stop Version,High Pressure Air Pump for Air Rifle Gun 6.8L Scuba Tank,Paintball Gun 30Mpa 110V(TXED011​

My friend and I have had ours for over a year, and the only maintenance required was installing a rebuild kit, which was straightforward. I'm planning to order another TXED011 to replace the one you mentioned. I've been using mine for two years. For the water tank, I utilize a 5-gallon drinking cooler, filling it with 3 gallons of water and topping it off with blocks of ice I've made. The two main culprits that damage high-pressure compressors are heat and oil breakdown, so monitoring the oil is crucial for longevity. Avoid the model on the right.

IMG_20231210_194958570.jpg

I have, STAY FAR AWAY FROM IT! I also have the

TUXING 4500Psi Pcp Compressor,Double Cylinder Scuba Air Compressor,Manually Stop Version,High Pressure Air Pump for Air Rifle Gun 6.8L Scuba Tank,Paintball Gun 30Mpa 110V(TXED011​

My friend and I have had ours for over a year, and the only maintenance required was installing a rebuild kit, which was straightforward. I'm planning to order another TXED011 to replace the one you mentioned. I've been using mine for two years. For the water tank, I utilize a 5-gallon drinking cooler, filling it with 3 gallons of water and topping it off with blocks of ice I've made. The two main culprits that damage high-pressure compressors are heat and oil breakdown, so monitoring the oil is crucial for longevity. Avoid the model on the right.

View attachment 452315
I agree that the base model is your safer bet.Then upgrade to the components you want. Keeping it cool is key. I still have a 4 year old Yong Heng compressor that still works great, but kept it running cool. I also changed the oil every 8 hours. I used Royal Purple initially, but realized that it was not the right oil for it. I switched to Nuvair 435. It runs cooler and smoother. So now I run Nuvair oil in my Tuxing as well. Never going back to RP.

The original Tuxing 032 compressor I did the review on is still running strong. I did swap out the solid tube between the towers with a flex line, making filter swaps easier. Installed a better gauge a few months back. Have not had to do any major rebuilding still operating on original parts albiet a couple new gaskets last year. Still in daily use in the shop. View attachment 388004View attachment 388005
Are you sure that's a high enough pressure rated tee? If it came that way, you're probably ok. Anytime I see that gusseting it makes me curious. You probably confirmed its good to go but just thought I would enquire.
1712361726316.png

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie