TUXING 4500PSI PCP Air Compressor Review

Yeah I'm thinking of adding a fan to cool the fist tower and the coiled stainless tube that feeds it. Can't hurt.

The baffle works great. With it in place, there is no need to open the first tower too often. The cotton just stays dry and clean. Should I release the stl?

I would not go too crazy with heat on the aluminum tube that contains 300 bar... I got mines off using a pipe wrench. Marred the finish on one tube a little, oh well.
where can one find the stl and check valve?

where can one find the stl and check valve?

Here ya go:

I posted a link to the foster fitting a couple pages back.

Reactions: shotmaniac
I just ordered 032. Few things I am hoping for help with:

- Looking to make the pressure gauge mod. I understand that i need 316 stainless M10x1 female union, a M10x1 male to male, and a M10x1 plug. Spent a good time looking for those, and no success. Can you please point me to a source?

- How much oil SECO 500 does a compressor fill take? Trying to decide how much to purchase. Also if you can point me to a source with a reasonable shipping, it would be great. So far I see places that want to charge for shipping just about the same as the product.

- Where is the temp probe, so i can check it right away.

Any help to a newb would be appreciated,
Thanks

I just ordered 032. Few things I am hoping for help with:

- Looking to make the pressure gauge mod. I understand that i need 316 stainless M10x1 female union, a M10x1 male to male, and a M10x1 plug. Spent a good time looking for those, and no success. Can you please point me to a source?

- How much oil SECO 500 does a compressor fill take? Trying to decide how much to purchase. Also if you can point me to a source with a reasonable shipping, it would be great. So far I see places that want to charge for shipping just about the same as the product.

- Where is the temp probe, so i can check it right away.

Any help to a newb would be appreciated,
Thanks

1. Been there, no luck, gave up. Let us know if you find anything.
2. Half a quart or slightly less, so a quart is good for 2 fills. https://filtertechs.com/product-tag/seco-lube-500/
3. There is a small port for the temp sensor in the head of the high pressure cylinder.

Well, mine has been pretty much junk for the last year or so, because i really wanted it to be plug and play. The guy whom started this page hasn't been much help, I ordered some stuff from him over 8 months ago, call or text him once a month and he says he is going to ship the replacement but never does. I had to replace the high side compressor seal 3 times, and it needs to be replace again. I even replace the entire head assemble because is push air into the coolant line, and blows the cap off the tank reservoir. I've got about 9 hours total on this unit, and have to tear it apart again to replace that seal again. Looking for the next best thing now.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Well, mine has been pretty much junk for the last year or so, because i really wanted it to be plug and play. The guy whom started this page hasn't been much help, I ordered some stuff from him over 8 months ago, call or text him once a month and he says he is going to ship the replacement but never does. I had to replace the high side compressor seal 3 times, and it needs to be replace again. I even replace the entire head assemble because is push air into the coolant line, and blows the cap off the tank reservoir. I've got about 9 hours total on this unit, and have to tear it apart again to replace that seal again. Looking for the next best thing now.
I have one in shipping. Out of curiosity, where do you buy parts, when needed?

Has anyone considered retrofitting a coalescing filter before the double tower? Is this even possible? I see a couple of benefits:
1. better air going into the original tuxing filtration
2. no need to worry about the pressure gauge water/rust

Thinking abt it, I cant come up with a workable solution that would work retaining the stainless tubing coming out of HP cylinder. Any ideas would be appreciated

The original Tuxing 032 compressor I did the review on is still running strong. I did swap out the solid tube between the towers with a flex line, making filter swaps easier. Installed a better gauge a few months back. Have not had to do any major rebuilding still operating on original parts albiet a couple new gaskets last year. Still in daily use in the shop.
IMG_20230911_081626586.jpg
IMG_20230911_081632895.jpg

I have been sitting on the fence about getting a compressor and I was impressed with the longevity you have had with your unit, particularly being a airgun shop. Looking at your Amazon link from your original post in this thread from several years ago I see the unit is available for slightly less money now. But…after reading the Amazon reviews I am perplexed, I see where you posted a review just a few months ago in May on the compressor totally lambasting the Tuxing company for not honoring warranties where people had this compressor die within minutes of receiving, not paying you for warranty work, and failure to supply parts over several years that you were their USA service center. Your review title was “Bad Company”. Have you had a change of opinion and now recommend people buy this compressor?
The original Tuxing 032 compressor I did the review on is still running strong. I did swap out the solid tube between the towers with a flex line, making filter swaps easier. Installed a better gauge a few months back. Have not had to do any major rebuilding still operating on original parts albiet a couple new gaskets last year. Still in daily use in the shop.

I bought the base model with no auto shut off and decided to turn it into a project.

What was done:

• welded several frame pieces to install the new components
  • added a 110v water pump
  • installed a 2.5 gal coolant tank
  • added a tuxing double tower water and air cleaner but still left the original water purger
  • added an intake desiccator
  • removed original pressurge gauge and added a digital pressure controller with all the needed electronics to make it work (2 power supplies and a contactor)
  • Added a blue LED digital hour meter that only workes when the motor is tunning
  • added an inline overload protector
  • changed the temp gauge from F to C
  • machined a couple of pressure fittings due to the uncommon 10 x 1.0 threads to connect the new pressure controller to the pressure lines
youtube link

it works great! I am very happy with it

Screenshot_20240325_144746_Video Player.jpg

20240315_194705.jpg

20240209_182929.jpg

20240210_123436.jpg

20240113_211510.jpg

20240130_184857.jpg

20240317_185906.jpg

Last edited: