Turret caps

I was seriously considering the purchase of the Vortex Razor Gen 2 or 3, then realized the turrets have caps. Any reason for caps? Certainly not for locking as the Vortex range of scopes have lift to unlock turrets already. If there is a vulnerability that is avoided by the caps, then its all the worse if one is lost. To me its a deal breaker unless there is something missing in my assessment of this feature. My Gamo break spring airgun has a scope with caps on both turrets, and they are the most inconvenient things. Now i find them on an other wise great scope.

Any other 1-10 HD scopes that might be considered would be appreciated.

I share the frustration of @indubitably at capped turrets.... 😟 

🔶I get it: For powder burner shooters running through the woods after a deer dialing turrets is not the typical thing to do — because their point blank range (PBR) is measured in hundreds of yards. And so they'd want to protect their turret settings from getting bumped off.

But most of the PRS (Precision Rifle Series) shooters seem to dial their turrets. And the bench resters, of course!

🔶And for us airgunners our PBR is only measured in tens of yards, and sometimes not even that. So, we need to adjust our POA all the time (and therefore either dial or hold over). Many field target shooters dial their turrets if allowed by their rules. And again, the bench resters...!

🔶To me, when a scope manufacturer puts a cap on a turret — I understand them saying this to me as a shooter: "Hey, zero the scope, put the cap on, and LEAVE IT ALONE! These turrets are not made for dialing!

💥 And that is a deal breaker for me. 💥

❓ Why do manufacturers make so many scopes with capped turrets — instead of locking turrets (which would keep those happy who are scared to knock off their zero — and also those who dial their turrets)? They could make their scopes appeal to a broader client base, I would think. 🤔

Matthias