turkey in KY . nope

just talked with DNR and they said " if we approve Air guns for turkey we are afraid we will find a lot of "Red Rider "wounded birds 'cause people will hear but not read the power reg. And i agree . too bad i see lots of turkey around my area .
That's what happened in California. Lots of sick/infected birds from idiots with the wally world specials thinking they're Jim Shockey.

just talked with DNR and they said " if we approve Air guns for turkey we are afraid we will find a lot of "Red Rider "wounded birds 'cause people will hear but not read the power reg. And i agree . too bad i see lots of turkey around my area .
Legal down here, minumum of .20 caliber and no FPE limits. Which seems to be the norm in Florida, we only have minimum caliber requirements but not FPE requirements.

I guess for me ..

Allowing on privately-owned lands PCP airguns propelling a single projectile—of no less than .30 caliber or an arrow or bolt—to take deer during the general gun season, and PCP airguns propelling a single projectile—of no less than .20 caliber or an arrow or bolt—to take wild turkey during the fall and spring turkey seasons.

There thinking in your area is bad cause probably getting just as many wounded game like say turkey from a guy shooting one with cheap #8 bird shot and not full choke . I bet your state has a legal shot size for turkey like # 6 or bb size shot only or somthing .

Seems like it use to be here but I'm not seeing that regulation today . Maybe I was in another state with that. ??

I think like Mississippi there law is so vague that a red Ryder is a legal weapon to take anything you want with it ..lol.

Reactions: beerthief