Turkey Gun

Hi everyone,

I am looking to get a RAW chassis gun for turkeys and maybe smaller hogs 200# or less. I was thinking the .30 cal would be fine for turkey head shots and hog ear shots. They do make it in a .357 I think, but I also own a Texan SS .45 if I need a real big bore gun. Just thinking about a second gun for smaller game and turkeys that is quieter and regulated, and probably more accurate. So is the .30 cal RAW a good choice? Do I need .357 for turkeys and smaller hogs? Slugs versus pellets for turkeys? Any advice would be appreciated.

p.s. The other gun in that price/quality range may be the FX impact .357 caliber (or .30 caliber for that matter)that I was looking at as well I just think the RAW is built like a tank and may need less tinkering out of the box.

Thanks!

The RAW HM1000X 30 is not a quiet gun!!!

Everything else is perfect except it's pretty damn heavy too.

I wouldn't consider a 357 version of it though. I think it's already maxed out at 30 caliber.

Have you considered a powerful Korean gun that doesn't need a regulator? I think it would be more beneficial for hunting what you want and not so heavy and not that costly either.

Martin has his own tuned version of his .357 HMX putting out around 200 ft lbs. He told me that he took deer with it.

I have started working on plans to turn my HM (non X) .22 into a HP regulated rig with Martin’s help. My end goal will be 45 ft lbs regulated output.

As for 🦃, check your local hunting regs first if you haven’t done so already. Some states don’t allow hunting turkey with airguns. An airbowgun like the Saber may be a better option.

Thanks for the input. I have a TexanSS for bigger hogs already. All shot with that gun fell DRT. Georgia requires a .30 cal minimum gun for turkeys, so hence the .30 cal. I could use the Texan for turkeys, but a new .30 cal gun sounds more fun! I think I am leaning towards the RAW chassis. Even though it is louder, hopefully all I need is one shot.....