• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Turd in a Punch Bowl...

Came up with a spacer of my own to give a slightly more finished/complete look.
1543899193_3229617175c06083968dbe6.08198439_20181203_234936_HDR.jpg
1543899194_21055217965c06083ac2e200.16170981_20181203_234903_Burst02.jpg

So the sleeve you made basically covers a little bit of the threads and the mess left behind from removing the original. The pictures are a little blurry but looks good from here. Hows it sound? How does it shoot now? I'm particularly interested because I'm considering not using the shroud on my Marauder and just using a v2 Emperor.

I am not sure if the bare barrel alone can take the weight of the Emperor. Let us know how it shoots after you do it.

Do you have a depinger installed? There must be a rather pronounced ping without one otherwise that Marauder should

be absolutely dead silent!

CA

I don't want to hijack this Urban thread but since I am having some of the same choices as this Urban I will explain. The main difference I have with most other situations is I shoot with helium. My first test shots were with two different 14.8 grain pellets and I was getting anywhere from 1,350-1401 fps, so the sonic crack made it sound more like a .22 LR. At that speed I am not going to get anything close to the accuracy with a diable pellet that I am looking for. Yesterday I got some 25.39 grain Jumbo Monsters delivered and it got it down into the sub sonic range (shooting out my kitchen door into the back yard) but my chrony is at a different location so i don't know the speed. I also don't know if it will be accurate yet but I also have some 30 grain slugs on the way. If I can't get a decent group with slugs or the monsters then I might get a LW un-choked barrel for shooting slugs. In that situation I might thread the barrel to take the emperor without the shroud. I can get the .063 od barrel and that should be stout enough to handle the weight of the emperor especially if I have a barrel band for support, not free floated. So stay tuned, I'll be going today where I can try the monsters with the chrony and see how good they do. I really want them to do well in the stock barrel so I don't have to re barrel but I love to tinker so it may be inevitable. If I do get a LW un-choked then I can go full out power mods, shoot slugs and not have to worry about accuracy, the faster the better. So, with the helium filled to 3000 psi and the monsters, even though it is now sub sonic, it was still far from dead silent with the factory shroud. The Marauders now come stock with a factory installed de-pinger. 

So the sleeve you made basically covers a little bit of the threads and the mess left behind from removing the original. The pictures are a little blurry but looks good from here. Hows it sound? How does it shoot now? I'm particularly interested because I'm considering not using the shroud on my Marauder and just using a v2 Emperor.

Its about the same sound level as stock but its shorter and looks Much better (to me) than stock,which looked rather cheap and toy-like. It shoots as though it has a BSA hammer forged barrel,which is to say..Excellent! No pellet clipping or related issues. Quite a nice little well built rifle. ESPECIALLY when the low price is factored in!

Mike.

I don't want to hijack this Urban thread but since I am having some of the same choices as this Urban I will explain. The main difference I have with most other situations is I shoot with helium. My first test shots were with two different 14.8 grain pellets and I was getting anywhere from 1,350-1401 fps, so the sonic crack made it sound more like a .22 LR. At that speed I am not going to get anything close to the accuracy with a diable pellet that I am looking for. Yesterday I got some 25.39 grain Jumbo Monsters delivered and it got it down into the sub sonic range (shooting out my kitchen door into the back yard) but my chrony is at a different location so i don't know the speed. I also don't know if it will be accurate yet but I also have some 30 grain slugs on the way. If I can't get a decent group with slugs or the monsters then I might get a LW un-choked barrel for shooting slugs. In that situation I might thread the barrel to take the emperor without the shroud. I can get the .063 od barrel and that should be stout enough to handle the weight of the emperor especially if I have a barrel band for support, not free floated. So stay tuned, I'll be going today where I can try the monsters with the chrony and see how good they do. I really want them to do well in the stock barrel so I don't have to re barrel but I love to tinker so it may be inevitable. If I do get a LW un-choked then I can go full out power mods, shoot slugs and not have to worry about accuracy, the faster the better. So, with the helium filled to 3000 psi and the monsters, even though it is now sub sonic, it was still far from dead silent with the factory shroud. The Marauders now come stock with a factory installed de-pinger.

You may also want to try the JSB BEAST 33.96gr and Seneca Eun Jin Domes 28.5gr in your particular case...

CA

Shooting my Urban I enjoyed the accuracy, the the moderator on the end of the barrel was UGLY. Somehow I managed to Load two pellets in the barrel at the same time, when I fired plastic from the moderator baffles littered the basement floor. Now I had an excuse to get rid of that ugly moderator. I cut off all I could with a hacksaw and machined off the rest down to the metal in the lathe. I wanted to try an air-stripper, thread the end of the barrel for an air-stripper I made and screwed onto the barrel. I used 1" dia. aluminium thin wall tubing 19" long to cover the barrel, stripper and baffles. The front end of the tubing is supported by a slip fit support ring installed behind the air stripper. Support ring is drilled to allow free airflow past it. The first baffle, of several baffles, directly in front of the air stripper has a concave ring machined around the center to redirect stripped air off the pellet back towards the receiver end where holes are drilled in the tubing allowing air to escape. Now my Urban looks like a carbine. I like the appearance of a straight barrel without a large moderator at the muzzle. Look at the pictures for additional details.
1543978399_20606630655c073d9f4fe4d6.66647382_20180418_074145.jpg
1543978418_1426748365c073db2411d47.04868543_20180418_074202.jpg
1543978441_11617996375c073dc9b36c29.60203176_20181204_153125 (1).jpg
1543978470_18967660695c073de6aed749.50638305_20181204_161523.jpg

Hey, Mark! Greetings from SWAG in Wichita! Remember us? The author of the post above, D-boom, is one of our members. You actually shot with him when you were here last year. I have handled and shot the Urban that is pictured in his post, and can testify without reservation that it is now the way that Gamo should have made it in the first place. Someday soon, we’ll address the trigger issues, but even now, it’s a fantastic improvement over the factory configuration. You’ve gotta love those BSA barrels!