• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

tuning the wolverine C 30 ft lbs

Here's what my next project should be for my Daystate wolverine C 30 ft lbs:
1- install regulator
2- polish the insides
3- adjust the hammer weight and spring to reach a power of 35 ft lbs.

So what are my concerns ? 
Is it feasible ? or will I ruin my gun ? 

Note: I haven't found a regulator yet, I'll contact Altaros to send me the regulator of the wolverine 303 (same tube diameter as the C)

Does the wolverine C -actually need a regulator? It's already a super accurate gun and has excellent shot count basis the reviews I've read. I understand the reason behind putting it on the 303 since that's a high cal rifle and it helps having a regulator set up for better shot efficiency. Will installing a reg actually improve anything ? The wolverine is already a pretty perfect gun. :) 

Hi najiam,
I've done some tuning on my .22 cal Wolverine B 12 ft lbs rifle and achieved a good improvement in shot to shot consistency. The variation is now 2-5fps whereas previously it was 10-15fps using weighed pellets (with 0.1gr) and there is less mechanical 'ping' when firing. In practice the result is less change in POI shot to shot.

I carefully polished the hammer spring ends, moved the factory spring top hat to the hammer end of the spring and made up an additional top hat for the end cap side; securing both to the spring with a couple of drops of loctite.
I also polished the metal outer of the hammer, the rest of the hammer is made from delrin or similar and the inside of the breach has a smooth anodised finish so nothing to do there. The slingshot mechanism already looks well finished too.

A regulator should offer additional benefit in overall consistency, e.g. shot 20 POI will be much closer to shot 1 POI and better efficiency in terms of use of air. Would be good if Daystate offered a regulator themselves.

If you would like any further info drop me a PM. Also, if you do a search for "daystate wolverine b type anti-tamper @ internal's" you should easily find images and more detail.
I expect she will be a beast at 30-35 ft lbs as it's a pretty impressive bit of kit sub 12!

Protegimus

"najiam"Here's what my next project should be for my Daystate wolverine C 30 ft lbs:
1- install regulator
2- polish the insides
3- adjust the hammer weight and spring to reach a power of 35 ft lbs.

So what are my concerns ? 
Is it feasible ? or will I ruin my gun ? 

Note: I haven't found a regulator yet, I'll contact Altaros to send me the regulator of the wolverine 303 (same tube diameter as the C)

There are only two things you might consider before going forward:
  1. You will most certainly void the warranty by taking it apart and modding it.
  2. You could potentially damage the rifle if you aren't experienced with tuning or taking apart rifles.
    [/LIST=1]

Tamper Proof Screws:
    Also, you may need a special anti-tamper bit to remove some of the screws which from what I have read, can be found but is not easy to find. Make sure you have that squared away first or you won't get very far.

O-rings:
    If you are going to go forward with taking the rifle apart, I would suggest also replacing all of the o-rings with fresh ones. One of the simplest way to improve the consistency of a DayState is to replace the bolt probe o-ring (non-wolverine rifles) or breech o-ring (Wolverine) every 750-1000 pellets.

Inline Regulator Option:
    An alternative to taking your rifle apart and installing an internal regulator would be to use a HUMA inline regulator that fits between your fill bottle and rifle. Here in the States, you can buy them from http://www.air-superiorityproducts.com/regulators.html for $249,

For more info, here is the link: http://huma-air.com/regulators/external-regulator/
    Instructions can be found here: http://huma-air.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Manual-inline-reg-de-luxe-rev-02.pdf

"travels4fun"
There are only two things you might consider before going forward:
  1. You will most certainly void the warranty by taking it apart and modding it.
  2. You could potentially damage the rifle if you aren't experienced with tuning or taking apart rifles.
    [/LIST=1]

O-rings:
    If you are going to go forward with taking the rifle apart, I would suggest also replacing all of the o-rings with fresh ones. One of the simplest way to improve the consistency of a daystate is to replace the bolt probe o-ring every 750-1000 pellets.

Inline Regulator Option:
    An alternative to taking your rifle apart and installing an internal regulator would be to use a HUMA inline regulator that fits between your fill bottle and rifle. Here in the States, you can buy them from http://www.air-superiorityproducts.com/regulators.html for $249,

1. All good points and interesting option the external regulator gives for high power rifles.
    The O-ring on the Wolverine is not the same as the Air Wolf or many other previous Daystates as it is installed in the barrel rather than on the bolt pellet probe itself and appears to be larger in section.
    If you are going for ultimate accuracy then single loading the rifle is worth testing, not sure if there is a single shot tray available yet for the Wolverine.

Perhaps worthwhile speaking to the factory regarding your intentions to see if they can offer any advice.

Protegimus

"wizzz0"i know this a really old thread hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for upping the power on my Daystate Wolverine B

thanks in advance 

I am not sure what you mean, but I jacked my power up by adjusting the hammer throw longer. Mine is a .25 cal, I think the factory setting was about 880 fps w/25 grain jsb. I turned the screw counter clockwise about 3 turns and had it up to 920 -30. It was very consistent accuracy @ those speeds. Now I have a longer barrel and have it up to 990. While I am getting some fantastic 5 shot groups less than 1/2" @ 50 yards, I am getting some flyers w/10 shot groups and am going to take it back down a little.

I don't know if your rifle is the same as mine. I am no expert and you should consult with someone that is. However here is what I did .

1. took stock off.

2. loosened this lock screw between stock nut & trigger housing, pictured with 2mm allen wrench inserted.

3. Lifted bolt handle so you can no longer see the spring in the hole near safety. On mine if I do not lift the bolt handle to this position, I will shove this tiny screwdriver through the spring. ( not good)

4. Insert the tiny screw drive into this hole about 3" , slowly turn it until you feel it go into screw head.

5. Turn the screw CCW ( counter clockwise) this will make the hammer travel farther giving you more power. Then after that tighten that 2 mm headed lock screw back up. I don't know if your rifle is the same as mine, so you should consult with an expert. If you do mess with it you might want to go a little at a time. When I started messing with mine, I went 1/2 turns, then tested. Don't forget to tighten that set screw. If you get it where you are happy, you might want to take the 2mm headed set screw out put some non permanent Loctite on it & reinstall.