Tuning the Leshiy 2

Guys, he shot this in like 15min. Zero time spent “tuning”... I’m sure there will be hours spent and 100’s of pages on here discussing all the settings once Ed chimes in.

Brian’s point was to show it’s possible, in a simple repeatable way to adjust the power. To be honest, I doubt Brian will even participate in tuning discussions... he’s a full power guy, and doing his best to turn me into one too ;). What he did do though, was ease the anxiety and correct any misinformation floating out there on if it was possible. Some threads on this and especially the UK forums are off the rails. 

a few guys have tinkered and broken their guns... so this was also to stop that. For now... enjoy this gun for the incredible beast it is, and just take comfort in knowing you can very simply cut its balls off for some back yard pew pew

To answer a few questions

1 Yes shot off the reg

2 that means setting the reg at 90 bar will produce that speed

3 the puck method is not preferred, it's best to leave the TP wide open. There may be some cases where a guy might want to keep a small puck with him (read between the lines here) that is why I showed this

4. The reg was set to 110 in the video

5. There is a balance between reg pressure and valve dwell.

6 yes the factory sets these up correctly so if you like your power you can keep your power 

"Very", Excellent,

"It’s a physical part." I garnered that form the little bags we where, or where not😉 supposed to see

"Just hang tight. " WILL DO👌.

They are Allenscrews (bolts). On the bags it says .4 .6 .7 (that would probably be the length in centimeters, although you'd really write that as 4, 6, 7 (screw lengths and thickness' in metric are always done in milimeters...)

"Very", Excellent,

"It’s a physical part." I garnered that form the little bags we where, or where not😉 supposed to see

"Just hang tight. " WILL DO👌.

They are Allenscrews (bolts). On the bags it says .4 .6 .7 (that would probably be the length in centimeters, although you'd really write that as 4, 6, 7 (screw lengths and thickness' in metric are always done in milimeters...)

or... maybe it doesn't mean that at all ;)

I’m hoping when it’s time to release the magic that the video will include all the information needed for us to be able to :

1. adjust the regulator up and down

2. adjust the valve in Ways to optimize higher or lower power gains

3. how to use the regulator tester so we can have accurate numbers to make real results for comparison.

I’m with Deepbass and want to switch out my .22 to .30 but I want a little more power in .22 to use the heavier pellets at speeds I’m used to in some of my other guns. I’m hoping my .30 tune will give me what I want in the .22 barrel, but maybe not. There are larger and smaller Plenums available and will probably come into play with tuning too. And longer and shorter top cylinders to adjust or readjust length of pull I’m guessing if you change the plenum length. Lots of information needed. But hey meanwhile I’m lovin this gun!

I really want to emphasize that this is not a normal PCP, Plenums do nothing for power, I mean that truly, remove the thought of a "power plenum" the Leshiyt doesn't work like that, I will continue to repeat this every time I see a request for a bigger plenum.

So no plenums will not come into play for tuning, one of my main goals is to reduce the amount of misinformation that finds it's way onto various platforms.

Yes NOE 300-68-fn-b13, I use pure lead and they drop solid nose 65.5 grains. If I use the largest hollow point they drop 61 grains, and mushroom really well at 30 yards or closer. The woods I hunt are thick and you normally don't get any longer shots. This rifle is perfect for my particular hunting with red dot sights. Have a Romeo 4H on the way for this weekend, can't wait!

I really want to emphasize that this is not a normal PCP, Plenums do nothing for power, I mean that truly, remove the thought of a "power plenum" the Leshiyt doesn't work like that, I will continue to repeat this every time I see a request for a bigger plenum.

So no plenums will not come into play for tuning, one of my main goals is to reduce the amount of misinformation that finds it's way onto various platforms.

"Very", Excellent,

"It’s a physical part." I garnered that form the little bags we where, or where not
1f609.svg
supposed to see

"Just hang tight. " WILL DO
1f44c.svg

or... maybe it doesn't mean that at all ;)

Not only are replacement valves expensive, they are not yet available as spares. I would not recommend attempting to come up with a hack. You may find yourself with a paperweight till parts are available.... Don’t risk damaging your gun guys. Set-up Info and parts will be available from Brian.