Tuning my .177 R5M Edgun to high speed w/ heavy slugs

I know I've seen along the way threads where folks talk about 20gr slugs at 950fps from a .177 R5M Edgun long.

I think I want to do this to mine. Right now it's tuned for field target 20fpe and is accurate to 50yds.

PXL_20210507_134146881.1620444000.jpg

Can anyone aide me in doing this? I've never needed to take my edgun apart and am not familiar with the procedure.

Aloha M-maxx,

While I don't have a .177, I do have a .25 long. When I tuned my R5M to hunt pigs and goats I bought a Huma regulator and tester from Brian (Edgun West) I know you have to remove the stock to gain access to the air tube for the regulator which also exposes the hammer spring adjuster. If I can remember I think my Huma regulator is set to 135 bar, as for the hammer spring I adjusted it to the speed and accuracy I wanted. My R5M long is shooting jsb mk1 @ 950 fps I have tried shooting slugs with this gun but have not had great results not like with the jsb.

I know Brian has videos on youtube about changing the regulator in the air tube, as for the hammer spring I believe it shows how to do it in the manual. I hope this helps.

Aloha, Keone

@monstermaxx I have the same idea as you but for a future Matador or similar. @Navnesen tuned his Matador R5M for 177 slugs and got great performance out to a 100 yards. He did sell the gun, but he shows the performance he got and he would be a great person to ask on getting the performance you want out of your Matador. I remember doing the numbers based off his data and he got 22 fpe 20something gr. NSA slubs.

I would send @Navnesen a PM and here is the link to the classified where he sold his gun and you can see the results out to a 100 m (110 yards) he got with 5 shot groups. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-edgun/