Tuning Tuning FX Maverick Compact in .22

Has anyone been able to reproduce the results that Matt Duber supposedly shows on his Maverick Compact Video regarding shot count? The best I have gotten for 900 fps is 90 shots just as advertised. Somehow he shows he gets 139 shots off the 300 bottle and the 500mm barrel. I left him a comment asking him what the setting on his gun were for him to get those numbers - but no response. Shooting JSB 18.1 grain pellets. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have the 25 cal maverick sniper. I followed Steve on AEAC on tuning it. I get about 130-140 shots/fill. I am shooting 25.39 grain JSB'S. I have the front regulator set at about 95psi and rear regulator set at about 72psi. I shoot at about 870 fps. The setting are a big difference from factory and my shot count went way up and accuracy is much better. 

Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fx+maverick+tuning+aeac+airguns

Hope this helps

I have the 25 cal maverick sniper. I followed Steve on AEAC on tuning it. I get about 130-140 shots/fill. I am shooting 25.39 grain JSB'S. I have the front regulator set at about 95psi and rear regulator set at about 72psi. I shoot at about 870 fps. The setting are a big difference from factory and my shot count went way up and accuracy is much better.

Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fx+maverick+tuning+aeac+airguns

Hope this helps
Good info! What’s the power wheel(7 I assume) and internal hammer spring setting? And, is that the 300cc bottle at 300 bar?

I have the VP. Doubled my shots going from a 400 cc 250 bar bottle to a 580/300 bar. I get 100 shots shooting 34 grain 25 cal. If I had the sniper I'm sure I'd get more by being able to utilize less pressure on the shot.
What FPS are you pushing the 34gr pellets at? What are your reg settings to achieve that?

I've got a VP Maverick as well but can only fit a 480cc bottle due to my moderator size. I am curious about your tune settings.

Reactions: JobyKang
Good info! What’s the power wheel(7 I assume) and internal hammer spring setting? And, is that the 300cc bottle at 300 bar?
Sorry I haven't got back to you. I Haven't shot the gun for quite awhile. I used the power settings Steve recommended. (i believe I was in the 5 range) I haven't finished dialing it in. I added the tuner to the barrel and I am also using the carbon fiber sleeve glued on. Something Steve didn't mention in the video is timing the barrel. That was the first thing I did before adjusting anything. All these barrels have a bend to them and timing that barrels so the impact is on a vertical line and not a horizontal line makes a big difference when you start changing other parameters. I have the 580 cc bottle.

Reactions: Phildog59