Tuning Tuning FX M3 for .30 44.75 JSB

I'm not shooting for competition here, just trying to get a legit starting point for tuning my .30 M3 with 600mm barrel and @DonnyFL Sumo with JSB 44.75.

I will sight in at 30 yds, but 90% of shots will be less, 8% will be at 30, and maybe 2% will be at 50 yds. Primary goal is small, repeatable groups, with air conservation a second desire.

I have seen all sorts of FPS out there from 830-920. Obviously, lower FPS saves on air, but if anyone has dialed in tight group with this rifle using these pellets for me to use as a starting point, I would appreciate your M3 settings.

The gun was handed to me with the following settings, which I have not had time to play with yet, but next week I'll start playing with them using the FX True Ballistics chrono:

1st - 145 bar
2nd - 105 bar
Wheels - 11-4-6
VA - Around 5 or 5.5 (hard to tell)

As reported at time of tuning:

1709106969725.png

1709106991441.png

Is this about as good as it gets with the .30, or has anyone come up with a better tune?

That is pretty good right there. Not too sure what else you would expect.
If you are of a mind to tinker, follow this formula for tuning.

That is a simple straight forward guide for tuning an M3 and is much faster than jumping from one provided tune to the next.

I'm not shooting for competition here, just trying to get a legit starting point for tuning my .30 M3 with 600mm barrel and @DonnyFL Sumo with JSB 44.75.

I will sight in at 30 yds, but 90% of shots will be less, 8% will be at 30, and maybe 2% will be at 50 yds. Primary goal is small, repeatable groups, with air conservation a second desire.

I have seen all sorts of FPS out there from 830-920. Obviously, lower FPS saves on air, but if anyone has dialed in tight group with this rifle using these pellets for me to use as a starting point, I would appreciate your M3 settings.

The gun was handed to me with the following settings, which I have not had time to play with yet, but next week I'll start playing with them using the FX True Ballistics chrono:

1st - 145 bar
2nd - 105 bar
Wheels - 11-4-6
VA - Around 5 or 5.5 (hard to tell)

As reported at time of tuning:

View attachment 440357

View attachment 440358

Is this about as good as it gets with the .30, or has anyone come up with a better tune?
Not be rude or anything, but what more are you expecting at said distance? Youre group is less than a .25" with a .30" pellet at 30yds.

Typically the 44.75gr like going 860-870fps. The best thing for you to do is test it at 50yds, not all guns or regs are created equal. But I would say that's a damn tight group.