Tuning Tuning FX Impact M3 .25 caliber

I am looking for some tuning information for the FX Impact M3 and happy to share my findings. I found a sweet spot shooting the JSB Heavy (33.95 grain). Plenum pressure is at 110, macro wheel at 16 and micro wheel at 3.5. This gives me a pretty consistent FPS reading at 875 with a SD of 11.4. Would like to know if anyone has found good settings for the H&N Barracuda hunting pellets.

I just ran about 100 rounds with the H&N Barracuda Hunter Extreme (28.24 grain) and had the best groups with the macro power wheel at 12 and the micro wheel at 3. This pushed the pellets at just over 900 fps with a CV of only 1.6%. This produced dime-size groups at 50 yards. I use these when hunting rats inside of a feed building as the JSB Heavy produce too much power (overkill on the rats and can damage the building with a miss).

What barrel length do you have on your gun? I've got a compact and your tune is what my gun came set at from the factory. When I received the gun it was tested and the chronograph records shows my gun shooting the same speed with a pellet that weighs half as much as the JSB heavy. I plan on shooting the JSB heavy out of my gun, looks like I'm definitely going to have to tune it up to get the same speed out of the 500mm barrel.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I have a decent idea of where to start. I just got my gun and haven't even shot the heavies to see what fps my gun is shooting them at yet. I'm currently spending all my time up in a tree waiting on the right buck to come by. Once I'm done chasing deer I'll start tuning the gun for the heavies. It's currently shooting the real light jsbs the same speed as your firing heavies so I'll definitely have to tweak the second reg pressure up a little. I'm sure someone has tune numbers for the same set up I want run, I just need to keep digging. Thanks again. 

I have the exact same gun. 4 days old. I had Utah air tune it for JSB 34 but I am using way too much air. Like 5 bar a shot. Rediculous. Can you please share your tune. My first reg is 140, second is 110 and power macro 16, micro 5. My valve adjustment is also at 4 open. Someone suggested i turn the power valve more closed to conserve air. I need some help. As I shouldn’t be using that much air. 

Cheers

The M3 has been a big dilemma and a bit of a disappointment. Can't seem to crack the code on mine but I'd love to see the chrono string your tune. I've been unable to get anything close to that 7 ES or 2 SD with almost that exact setup and several others for that matter. Best I'm managing is about 23 ES and 8+ SD.

Try to increase the reg and hammer tension and close the valve very slowly. I hope your spread will be reduced.

Bhaur

Well I tried to increase the power and had my shot string alll over the place. So after many pellets and lowering the 2nd reg I end up back to where I started. Try, Valve line 4, Macro 16 micro 3.5. First reg 150 second 114 or so. Shoot groups at Macro 16, 15, 14, 13 ,12 until you go to 830 fps. That is too low. Take the best group. 

For me it was power 14. I then slowly close the valve a quarter turn, shoot 5 shoot. Then another quarter turn until I see a drop in fps. Once I see that I stop. Sometimes I will have to turn it back a quarter if is dropped too much. That will give you a good point then make micro adjustments with the micro up or down. Let me know how it goes. 

May I please take a peak at them?
If I get a chance I will try to remember to take a pic of mine too. It’s easy though. 110 bar I have found to be a great reg pressure. Set reg to 110, turn micro way down to like 2.5, turn valve adjuster out to just past line 4. Shoot over a chrono with the heavies slowly working the micro up until no increase in velocity is seen. Then slowly turn in the valve adjuster until you see a decrease in velocity. The gun should run consistent there.

Reactions: decoy-dog*gunner
If I get a chance I will try to remember to take a pic of mine too. It’s easy though. 110 bar I have found to be a great reg pressure. Set reg to 110, turn micro way down to like 2.5, turn valve adjuster out to just past line 4. Shoot over a chrono with the heavies slowly working the micro up until no increase in velocity is seen. Then slowly turn in the valve adjuster until you see a decrease in velocity. The gun should run consistent there.
Thank you I really appreciate it I've owned my fx for little over two weeks and boy talk about an amazing rig

Reactions: Trucker3573