Tuning tuning FX Impact M3 .25 600mm for pellets

I recently purchased a FX Impact M3 .25 600mm barrel and am tuning for FX airgun 34 grain pellets. My settings are as follows:

1st Reg = 150 / 2nd Reg = 110 / Macro = 16 / Micro = 4.0 / Valve = 4.5 (0.455" from base).

MV = 830'/sec ... measured with a LabRadar........ I desire to get a MV = 920 ft/sec. 

Can anyone help with the adjustment of this air rifle to achieve this goal? THANK YOU

1. open valve adjuster 

2.Max the HS 

3. increase second reg till you reach 6-7% above your target speed.

4. Back of HS till your just 1-2 fps above your desired speed 

5. Close valve adjuster till it notice it just starting to shave of the last couple fps 

try that :)

This might be the simplest explanation of tuning I've read. Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at 6-7%?

Thank you

1. open valve adjuster 

2.Max the HS 

3. increase second reg till you reach 6-7% above your target speed.

4. Back of HS till your just 1-2 fps above your desired speed 

5. Close valve adjuster till it notice it just starting to shave of the last couple fps 

try that :)

This might be the simplest explanation of tuning I've read. Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at 6-7%?

Thank you

That should put u right on the knee of the shot curve for said reg pressure. Effectively, balancing the hammer and the valve.
You should hear the gun really quiet down becoming less violent in the shot. 
it should also give you a pretty tight ES.

both Ernest and Ted have videos up walking through these steps.

however, I believe Ted just leaves the valve adjuster wide open for a pellet tune. 
I personally prefer to close it to the point where it just start to knock down 1-2fps. I believe that farther brings down the ES 

I'm at 150 on first reg Huma bottle reg and 110 at second reg amp reg mk2 with a mrshosted power wheel has about 19 settings on it I'm 1 down from max and my valve adjuster was at 4 lines 700 barrel Huma probe and daul slug transfer port is in place I'm running mk2 plenum I was at max on power wheel and nearly max on the hammer still had some free play there shooting mk2 jsb 34 gr at 930 I dialed the power wheel back one from max and turned my valve adjuster in to about 3 line which left me with a average of about 905 fps you have a larger plenum but about 4 inches shorter barrel I'd stay around 150 to160 first reg and go about 115 second reg you should be able to get there fairly easy mine quieted down took about 10 to 20 fps off the top using power wheel and valve adjuster 

If anyone is wanting stats... here is what I ended up with. This allows me to repetively shoot sweet gum balls at 50-70 yards...FX Impact M3 600mm .25 cal ... FX 34 gr pellets

Valve...Ring 5 (0.4285" from base ring)

Reg #1...150

Reg #2...110

Macro...16

Micro.... 4

Barrel tuner... 8

Scope vertical turret...

20y....1.3 moa

30y....23.3

40y....24.1

50y.. .0.0

60y....2.0

70y....4.1

80y....6.3

MV . . 827 ft/sec

....anyone have suggestions on ways to improve? I'm open. .... Thanks

Reactions: davit66
In case anyone else runs across this. I just got an m3 and threw a 5 min prelim tune on it for 25.39. Haven’t checked accuracy but speed is very consistent. First reg is somewhere 130-140 bar. Second reg is 90 bar. Macro 8, micro 2.5. This setting with valve adjuster open yielded 920 fps. I cut the gun with the adjuster to 900 and it seems very consistent. Not sure exactly where that adjuster is…between line 3-4.

I recently purchased a FX Impact M3 .25 600mm barrel and am tuning for FX airgun 34 grain pellets. My settings are as follows:

1st Reg = 150 / 2nd Reg = 110 / Macro = 16 / Micro = 4.0 / Valve = 4.5 (0.455" from base).

MV = 830'/sec ... measured with a LabRadar........ I desire to get a MV = 920 ft/sec.

Can anyone help with the adjustment of this air rifle to achieve this goal? THANK YOU

If your looking for the best accuracy consistency and efficiency then to its where you open up the valve adjuster all the way put your hammer spring down to like 1.5 on the micro just to start there and slowly increases it while watching it over the chronograph till you see your velocity peak and if it's lower velocity than you would like then increase the regulator and the hammer spring slowly trying to keep them even with each other and when you reach your desired speed go about 15 to 25 feet per second past that and then slowly back down the valve adjuster to reach your desired speed but you want it to be 15 to 25 ft per second slower than the peak speed because if not your gun will sound like crap like it is blasting out air rather than a nice crisp shot and when it sounds like crap it will also be wasting a lot of air and the accuracy will not be very good at all if you're up for it Go on YouTube and check out air arms hunting SA he has about an hour long tuning video that is extremely informative and if you've never tuned a gun before specially an fx then I would highly recommend watching that video because it will give you an idea of some of the ins and outs and if you need some help past that I can pm you my phone number and you can give me a call if you'd like hope this helps

Reactions: Trucker3573
My initial shot string with above settings.
The very first shot after sitting for a cpl hours was the 898. Take that shot out and the spread was under 10 fps. Can only shoot 35 yards right now so it’s tearing the bullseye out of course. Was super easy to tune only taking minutes for pellets. The second pic is another 10 shots with no sit break an superb accuracy at 35. If anyone is trying to compare the Maverick to the m3 I can clearly see where the extra 400 dollars is after just a couple shot strings on this. Worth the extra 💰.

51F7AF9C-32E1-4622-8C00-CE51E6C8A483.png

0E0A9361-865C-4F59-92C8-67C13AB7BEB9.png

Last edited: