• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Dreamline

Hey all,

I wanted to start a new thread about all the tunning options on the Dreamline

Ive been looking In a lot of places to find tuning tips for the FX Dreamline. There are loads of youtube clips and forum posts on tuning an FX impact, but not much on the Dreamline.

So im wondering how you tuned your Dreamline?

Ive only played with the hammer spring but want to take it to the next level.

Im getting the following speeds with my dreamline:

15gr, max hammer spring,TP .22, 7Celcius -> 901 ft/s

15gr, min hammer spring,TP .22, 7Celcius -> 697 ft/s

18gr, max hammer spring,TP .22, 7Celcius -> 869 ft/s

18gr, min hammer spring,TP .22, 7Celcius -> 662 ft/s

I would like to shoot the 18 and heavier pellets faster (around the 920 mark) then I do now and shoot the 15 grains around the speed I do now but with lower hammer spring ( so that I can shoot heavier pellets faster).

This is what I think makes sense but want to check first:

1: Set transfer port to max ->.30

2: tune the hammer spring with allen key till you reach the max speed you can when the dail is set to max using a chronograph (like in all the impact tuning youtube clips)

3: dail up the regulator till you get just over the speed you want with the heavier pellet with hammer spring is set to max

4: dail the hammer spring back till you get to the required speed

Lastly I might take a stab at indexing the barrel like in the last youtube clip of “Meathead Marksman” FX Impact MKII low power setup.

Im I on the right track?

An other option could be hardware mods but I would like to try with the gun as is out of the factory as I think I can achieve much more.

Ive seen custom Transerports and Larger planums that should give you an additional 80 ft/s

Reactions: Hornclayton
What is the TP mod? Ive been looking at the part on a youtube clip and its just a part with a big hole in it. This hole is already larger then the hole in the action it self to the pelet probe.

So i was wondering what this mod actually is.

EDIT: i found that its the outer adjuster that does the trick :). so is it just the case of enlarging the largest hole?

Today i was taking the barrel apart to give barrel indexing a shot. Unfortunately it started raining so i did not get very far but i did have a finding and some questions arose.

Finding 1: the rubber tube around the base of the barrel is so snug between the tube adapter that i think this is causing a poi change. I will test this tonight (if there is no rain)

Finding 2: while turning the barrel nut (that keeps the liner in place) the liner is also turning, so you have to look at the mark on the barrel after tightening the nut to see the actual position.

Question: can i do barrel indexing with the outer barrel off. I mean do i have to put the outer barrel on between the different positions. You could argue that this is not needed as the pellet is anyhow being affected by the barrel position and the rest is the same between all the 4 positions (12, 3, 6 and 9)

Did the test today with and without the rubber band around the base of the barrel. As i mentioned the band puts pressure on the barrel. 

At 18 meter the POI shifts up 4.6 cm (1,8 inch) and left 1,2 cm (0.3 inch).

I also tried the power settings 5 to 1 and what i found is that the POI droped slowely but moved left quicker then the poi lowered. In short the POI was moving a few mm to the 19.00 position. with each change.

Question: could i get the pellet to hit in a vertical plane if i rotate the barrel slightly? Could i achieve that the pellet will only drop down and not move to the left or right?