• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning computer for new Daystate rifles

I was going to buy one for my new red wolf hp. I would like to have all the adjustability and set my settings they way I like them, then probably new use it again. Is anyone on here interested in splitting the cost several ways? I understand this would take a lot of trust sending this thing back and forth, but for as much as anyone is going to use it would he nice to have for a week or so then mail it to the next owner.

Place your gun in a hold mimicking vice and experiment while RECORDING EVERY CHANGE because each rifle IS different and you will be able to write the book on YOUR rifle without nearly the expense and possible inconsistencies of he said she said while shooting predicated fun shot strings! Now that's empirical data! : ) From what I understand that model is that good! Pellet consistency is an absolute must and very hard to imitate. jmho Bill

I was told that the tuning computer that is now available was originally designed for the dealers. Daystate is supposed to be releasing another version for the user that is supposed to have software that is easier to use. So I would hold off until more info on new model is released by Daystate. 
I wouldn't be surprised if someone will figure out a hack . I had worked in the computer industry and if the gun is controlled with software on a eprom board there are device out there already. Someone just has to write the script to make it happen.
the device is cheap
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADMZ5ZC3494&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-EC+-+Circuit+Protection-_-9SIADMZ5ZC3494&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6ISy6M6y2wIVwS-BCh2J6AiJEAQYAyABEgJ7DfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

i was in product development and sales I’m not a programmer so I can’t honestly comment on the difficulty of hacking the Daystate chip.

Hopefuly the fact that someone may hack the chip will encourage Daystate to price the new device at a reasonable price. Doing that will be going against the industry who seems to always have us by the short hairs but I’m hopeful that Daystates new owners are going down a different path.