Tuning a HW 95

Hello gang! 
I am now considering a HW 95 or beeman R9. I had considered a Walther LGU but found it to be too heavy and in the gun I tried I questioned the accuracy was in question, also because of some recent health issues found it hardish to cock and would like a easier cocking rifle. Now the accuracy was more than likely me but I did not enjoy dealing with the heaviness of this gun. I now am looking at a Beeman R9 or HW95 tuned. I am leaning to the .177 cal and not sure if I would have it tuned with existing power level or have it turned into a 12 fpe gun for easier cocking and to make it more accurate. I would be trying to shoot as small of a group as possible at 30 yds. and to take out the occasional squirrel. I have been picking a few members brains on this and would like to hear from others on this.
Thanks!

I haven't spent that much time with an HW97, I do own an R9, it's a great combination of power, accuracy and relatively light weight. According to Pyramyd's specs, the stock tuned R9 has a 40 lb. cocking effort vs. 35 lbs. for the HW97. Sounds like you might want to look at the HW 50s which is a half pound lighter than the R9 and has a specified cocking effort of 24l bs. It does right about 12 FPE in stock tune. Any HW/Beeman should be very accurate with the right pellets and technique.