• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning .30 Cal Maverick ...ahh quick sand.... ?

Nope, I just opened the rifle from the box and started shooting. Do not know anything about a slug port not sure if that is even a thing ?

On the Impact M3 they have 2 ports on the barrel. One side for pellets and a double holed port for slug on the other side. I don't know if the Maverick has that. If you don't either it seems like that video link I left would uncover most every detail... 

The port on the barrel and power kit are 2 different things. 

Once again in the video he does cover the slug port in the barrel. It has letter s and is dual port window. Forward to the 1:55 minute mark and he shows it. And although he's doing 25 cal it's probably the best video to learn about that gun. Frankly I wouldn't even buy that gun without knowing some of this first. But I wasted 2 hours watching for ya. Now it's your turn to get up to speed. 

Hey Jaydog, try this:

1. make sure hammer is maxes out. You need to turn the adjustment screw till the gun at high power setting won’t cock and then back off half of a turn to 1 turn

2. Take the hammer out and weight it on a scale and see if it’s 13 grams, if not just call fx to order the heavy hammer

3. set first reg to wide open by turning it counter clock wise a couple of turns, it’s basically pointless if your second reg is at 150 or higher because you will blow through first reg really quick or sacrifice shot count by stop shooting at 180 bars. Plus you get much high shot count with the first plenum fill all the way to 230 bars.

4. set your second reg to about 155-160 bars

you should get more speed with these steps and it would be the max the maverick can provide. From the sound of your symptoms you have the 11 gram hammer and it’s too light for over 150 bars.

I found a video on installation of slug power kit on Maverick for you 

https://youtu.be/XXeRPw9n9WI

I'm not saying you need this but you can decide. As posted just above, the hammer may be all you need instead of the kit. The kit includes the heavier hammer weight.. So just buying a hammer weight could be cheaper and more precisely what is necessary. 

I ask a lot of seemingly strange questions because I don't know if that is a factory gun or one that has been updated in case you are a second owner. I. E. Did the previous owner sell it because he didn't get the performance he expected and perhaps missed some details?? Anyway, good luck 

@qball and @sasquatch thanks for the reply. Yes, I have opened up the hammer spring as far as it can go. Basically going to open up the first regulator to max and play with the second regulator. That seems the shortest path and solution 

This gun was bought brand new from High Pressure. If I cant get the gun to perform by taking the steps 1. open reg to max, 2. Set 2nd reg to 150 to 170 bar 3. setting hammer spring to max. I have had hammer spring maxed as noted you cannot cock it when it is over max lol. If this does not get me the speeds it much be the hammer spring is too light. 

The wiskey 68 boys stated they were getting out of the box 44 grn slugs to 970. So this gun should do the same. We are not pushing anything custom it is FX slugs and they suggest you push them to 960s along with a 700mm sniper barrel this should not be an issue.

Thanks again, 

Reactions: stevenp327