• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

tungsten hammer yes no? m3 700 .25

Don’t need one unless you’re going pass 170bar on the rear reg
Which FX says you shouldn't do.

Those youtube guys who get free rifles, parts, and paid trips to FX factory and US Home office can afford to push their rifles that hard. Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should. You and your rifle will be much happier without it and not working it so hard.

I made that mistake you asking for it here.
Not an M3 but a heavy upgraded MK2 ... I bought the PowerBlock kit that came with a larger 720c plenum (which upgrades the MK2 to M3), but also bought separately the tungsten hammer weight.
After the install of the 14 gram tungsten I had to pump up my Reg to 170+ bars - to get the Hammer Wheel showing basic speed fluctuation when turning at 1-2-3 but nothing changed when I was turning up towards the heavier spring tension. The total weight of a hammer was just hitting way to hard.
Removed the tungsten and put back the 8 gram brass weight with 3mm longer spring ... still the hammer was hitting hard.
Ended up removing all to stock FX 6gram weight and 52mm spring, and now the hammer hits a full selection on the wheel (from 1-16) at 150 bars.
That 150 bar on the Reg is more then plenty speed for pellets I could comfortably go lower pressure, but occasionally I want to shoot slugs beyond 100 meters, with this same tune just by selecting the wheel.

I tried a tungsten hammer and could NOT get much fluctuation between wheel/macro/valve settings at all. Tried more pressure on the second regulator, no difference. I didn't wish to go more than 160bar on the regulator as the gun gets beat up more.
Switched back to stock hammer and can run many various setting again.
Don't recommend it.
mike

Reactions: bigHUN
I just installed one this week in my .22 with a 800mm barrel. What Revomam stated about losing the ability to adjust with the hammer adjustments is true. Now I found great spreads and groups with it. Basically used the reg to tune with.

I could see the argument of losing the hammer spring adjustments as a negative for a lot of folks. Doesn’t bother me. If it doesn’t work for you it is only $30 or so, most of us have wasted way more money on things that didn’t work out.