• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tungsten hammer et question

The tungsten is great for the 700/800mm barrels. It's overkill for the 500 and 600mm barrels.
It will do two things. It will allow you be more efficient with your air with the medium/lighter weight slugs and will allow you to shoot the heavyweights without cranking your regs to extremes.
I've got it on my .22 M3 with power block and I prefer to shoot low to mid 30 grain slugs so that I can relax the regs and still get incredible performance. I've tweaked my reg down to 155 and I'm pushing 31.2grainers ~1025 fps like a laser beam.
I don't use the FX slug kit, I installed the NSA slug pin probe and it's been great. It's more robust than the FX probe.

Empujo mi m3 con buenos y consistentes resultados slugs de fabricación chilena (Tirador CF) de 30g en .217 entre 980-990 fps con liner pesado stxs de 600mm, a 155 bar y martillo neumático Huma de 8.4gr + sonda y slug pt . Con la misma regulación y con mejores resultados a 208mt los 35g en .217 a 930fps con rachas de viento entre 3,5 a 4 m/s a partir de las 9h.

When you turn up the regs too much you run out of hammer strength. You have several options/combos to choose from currently. The Huma kit comes with 2 slightly heavier hammer weights, a heavier hammer spring, and a lighter valve return spring. The FX kit comes with a lighter valve return spring and a tungsten hammer now. A pin probe will also give you a bit more speed vs a pellet probe (included in FX kit) and a Huma transferport will also. Imo the tungsten is best for balls out max speeds when combined with everything else, but might not work well if you want to turn it down. Whatever you decide I would suggest getting a kit, dont just buy the tungsten hammer weight by itself.

The tungsten is great for the 700/800mm barrels. It's overkill for the 500 and 600mm barrels.
It will do two things. It will allow you be more efficient with your air with the medium/lighter weight slugs and will allow you to shoot the heavyweights without cranking your regs to extremes.
I've got it on my .22 M3 with power block and I prefer to shoot low to mid 30 grain slugs so that I can relax the regs and still get incredible performance. I've tweaked my reg down to 155 and I'm pushing 31.2grainers ~1025 fps like a laser beam.
I don't use the FX slug kit, I installed the NSA slug pin probe and it's been great. It's more robust than the FX probe.
JR, what is the tungsten hammer weight you mention?

Patrick

JR, what is the tungsten hammer weight you mention?

Patrick
I'm not sure of the exact weight. I know it's substantially heavier than the standard hammer. I just ordered the "FX Tungsten" hammer from Talon Tunes. I know that Bullet Central and I think Huma offer different weights. Hopefully someone that has weighed the FX brand tungsten hammer will weigh in here.