• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tunes from reputable shops

For those of you who’ve sent your gun off to a shop to have it “souped up”, and to those of you who do the souping up, are tunes pretty much along the same philosophy for any given gun, or do they vary (markedly) depending on the smith?

(I want to apologize in advanced if my question isn’t fully understood)

For example: Let’s say I have an Fx Alley cat and I want more power from it. Would it be incorrect for me to assume that the tune for it, given what I want, would be more or less the same from any shop/business?

Or if my new , ADT Romulan is a .30 cal, and my buddy’s Romulan is a .25 cal, but was tuned by Wakandan Air and now shoots at incredible velocities, -could I assume that if Wakandan air got my gun, that I would experience similar, proportional gains as my buddy’s with the smaller caliber? Or could it possibly be that Wakandan Air did something that although resulted in great gains, somehow could be potentially detrimental to the Romulan’s lifespan should a specific set of circumstances arise in relation to the aforementioned Romulan? Something that other shops might not be willing to perform due to liability issues perceived or otherwise?

Inquiring minds want to know and so do I.

You watch way to many movies!
:ROFLMAO:
1st. No way you'd have a Romulan AG!
2nd. No way Wakanda would work on it!
3rd. The Fx Alley Cat was a prototype never released.

I was wondering …I turned to my girlfriend and said “ Wakanda Air “. WTF ?

Unless the use of those words is like. “ Widget”

Since it seemed to be a general question. Theoretical

Last edited:
Well feller... If this is indeed a real question it helps if you actually said the make, model and caliber of the rifle in question. Then you may/will get more serious answers.. that being said.. every rifle benefits from a tune but it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to make more power. accuracy is the name of the game. A tuner will set it up to be as efficient and accurate as it can be. Nothing more nothing less.

• Love
Reactions: Perle
Lol. I was merely trying to be neutral as far as brand loyalty goes, and also poke a little fun at some of the names for these instruments.

The question is quite valid, tho.

And to the poster that likened this to cars, I’ll actually use that as a prime example to prove my point.

Two cars, identical motors. Both drag race and want more power.

One shop installs the conventional wares (intake/exhaust/gearing etc). The customers car now makes a cool 100 more horsepower than before, and does the 1/4 in 12.30
Sec. Mission accomplished, but not without a hefty cost

The other shop also produces a car capable of running 12’s in the quarter also but did so in a a significantly different way and at a fraction of cost. The only mod that appears to have been done to this vehicle is the addition of a large scuba tank looking bottle that’s locate where the passenger side seat used to be. Nitrous!

Both shops accomplished the goal beset on them, yet all things are far from equal.

The price the first person spent came so treasure and blood, and with luck will provide its owner with joy for years to come.

The second guy got to keep his money and alls he has to worry about is when exactly his engine is going to disintegrate.

This is more along the nature of my initial query

Great Catch and Conversation guys ... :LOL:

Most of us in the AG industry whom offer Tuning / Modifications etc ... Pretty much stay in a lane of expertise they know well and can be profitable at.
This is many times by BRAND, sometimes specific Models or Origin of manufacture etc ...
There are few any longer who take on Exotic stuff or Once in a Blue Moon projects because No $$$ estimate is possible with unknown time invested & few offer blank checks for such work.

CASE by CASE basis on what you have, want done etc leads to who may be the best provider of said service/s.

IMO,
Scott S

Last edited:
The words, similar, and basic. Pizza,what do you want on it.more the more$$ So yes .
As stated,many tuners specialize in certain brands or certain types of tuning.
A friend of mine did custom transmission work,he had every air racket hanging with the socket already on it.Why is because Time is money.thus all he had to do was reach for the right air wrench, which were hanging in order of teardown, just reverse procedure for build up...Had many customers because he specialized in what transmissions he worked on.....thus got them out fast and reliable.

Great Catch and Conversation guys ... :LOL:

Most of us in the AG industry whom offer Tuning / Modifications etc ... Pretty much stay in a lane of expertise they know well and can be profitable at.
This is many times by BRAND, sometimes specific Models or Origin of manufacture etc ...
There are few any longer who take on Exotic stuff or Once in a Blue Moon projects because No $$$ estimate is possible with unknown time invested & few offer blank checks for such work.

CASE by CASE basis on what you have, want done etc leads to who may be the best provider of said service/s.

IMO,
Scott S

Thank you, sir! Exactly the kind of info I was after. I brought this topic up because I was reading through the site and someone mention the cutting of springs as a method for some type of benefit, to which someone else made (what I believed to be) a succinct counter argument.

Thank you, sir! Exactly the kind of info I was after. I brought this topic up because I was reading through the site and someone mention the cutting of springs as a method for some type of benefit, to which someone else made (what I believed to be) a succinct counter argument.
I knew I had you right !

I understood you.

Reactions: FALSECRACK89