FX tuned to perfection.

Hi I purchased a FX Impact M3 a couple months ago from Palm Beach Air guns. It is a .22cal with a 600mm barrel and I believe a 480cc bottle. This is the second Impact I have owned so I am familiar with the platform. I felt it could do better than the way it was factory tuned so I started messing around with it. I got it shooting solid groups at 55yards with great economy in the shot count, Then a couple weeks later I wanted to try some slugs. I upped the reg pressure to around 135 bar and set the micro adjuster to about 4 and was sending 27gr H&N 2s 960fps and getting dime size groups at 55yards(y). I mostly shoot paper in my yard so I reset it for 18gr pellets. These are my results. From a 250bar fill I'm getting 7 mags (28rounds per) and still above the reg Shooting 18gr fx pellets 917fps average with a 1.5 S/D. BTW I keep my guns in a safe I pull them out and put them back by the barrel. I haven't experienced the poi shift I have read about. Here are a few pictures. The wind was mostly from behind me and slightly lt to rt 5-10mph. no holding for the wind. First 5 shots of the day at 55yards. I didn't include pictures but the valve adjuster is set at 4 lines.

08.jpg

07.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

Hi I purchased a FX Impact M3 a couple months ago from Palm Beach Air guns. It is a .22cal with a 600mm barrel and I believe a 480cc bottle. This is the second Impact I have owned so I am familiar with the platform. I felt it could do better than the way it was factory tuned so I started messing around with it. I got it shooting solid groups at 55yards with great economy in the shot count, Then a couple weeks later I wanted to try some slugs. I upped the reg pressure to around 135 bar and set the micro adjuster to about 4 and was sending 27gr H&N 2s 960fps and getting dime size groups at 55yards(y). I mostly shoot paper in my yard so I reset it for 18gr pellets. These are my results. From a 250bar fill I'm getting 7 mags (28rounds per) and still above the reg Shooting 18gr fx pellets 917fps average with a 1.5 S/D. BTW I keep my guns in a safe I pull them out and put them back by the barrel. I haven't experienced the poi shift I have read about. Here are a few pictures. The wind was mostly from behind me and slightly lt to rt 5-10mph. no holding for the wind. First 5 shots of the day at 55yards. I didn't include pictures but the valve adjuster is set at 4 lines.

View attachment 455985

View attachment 455987

View attachment 455988

View attachment 455991
Your colors reminds of a shooting game I play with the kids when they were younger. We took play dough and made quarter sized balls for targets. Someone would call out a random color and the boys would try to hit as many targets of that color. The person that hit the most won that round. We had so much fun they didn't even realize I was teaching them how to be better marksman. They got pretty good too.

" I haven't experienced the poi shift I have read about." And you won't. I'm not going to say it doesn't exist but....there are generally reasons. My guys were just 'laying' around, I grab them by the scope, the barrels, and even occasionally the stocks, go out and start poking holes in paper 30 yards, mostly where I'm pointing. i think you can tighten up your groups, my gut is telling me your parallax is off a touch, may want to check your torque on your scope mount too.

Reactions: coastal drifter
" I haven't experienced the poi shift I have read about." And you won't. I'm not going to say it doesn't exist but....there are generally reasons. My guys were just 'laying' around, I grab them by the scope, the barrels, and even occasionally the stocks, go out and start poking holes in paper 30 yards, mostly where I'm pointing. i think you can tighten up your groups, my gut is telling me your parallax is off a touch, may want to check your torque on your scope mount too.
I appreciate the advice. Thanks